General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haven't been to the park in a little while. Anybody know what's happening with the Indo? Curious if they fixed the tear.

I rode at close on Friday. Mama Stego was frozen (bad show), but all other animatronics + effects looked good and operated as intended.

The climax Indo definitely has *something* going on with its left side, but to be 100% truthful, I had to really look for it. You mostly see its right side, and I couldn't directly confirm a full tear even with my looking backward as we crested the drop. My guess is the motion profile is putting a lot of stress on the left side, creating the tear. They may have decided to just leave it be for now since it's so tough to see until (if) they engineer a more permanent solution.

Any idea why the ride was down a week or two ago? Seemed like an odd time to have a quick refurb during the 30th Anniversary of the movie.

Any idea why the ride was down a week or two ago? Seemed like an odd time to have a quick refurb during the 30th Anniversary of the movie.
No information but just a guess

The ride used to only have to run 10-6 PM most of the year

This year has seen an insane spike of guests meaning the ride is running more days from 9AM-10PM

So now they have less time for small maintenance and the ride is running longer hours with more guests then ever along with the tech being more complicated then the Jurassic Park ride.

That's my guess.

Never thought about the increased hours having an affect. The rides got a "short" break for a few weeks in August but they'll be operated for full days again during HHN. 8am-2am for most rides
Then Christmas and hopefully can go down for a little...but even then they don't have much time before spring break

Reactions: Ron101
JW has been down since Sunday

I saw last night it say it was down for refurbishment. Is this just because of the rain or is it down for annual maintenance?

Is this just because of the rain or is it down for annual maintenance?
we wouldn't close the ride when it rained. If there was lightning, that's a different story. This is the normal time frame for maintenance..

Funny thing about the rain though. We would literally have guests say they didn't want to get wet on the ride, even though it'd be pouring :eyes: :lol:

This is unexpected downtime, definitely not scheduled maintenance. Things happen, so it's unfortunate for anyone who booked a trip.
Yes for general public

I was kinda surprised it wasn’t down yet but I’m assuming they were waiting WW to be back up

Ive brought it up before but Universal communications aren’t the best. Disney gives people a month before something goes down at least, WW just went down and they told everyone about the maintenance within a week of it closing

Heck I had no idea their were two dressed up minions for lunar new years until I saw one in the park and other on a Facebook post

I’m here daily and follow many bloggers and compared to say Disneyland the amount of info about the parks just isn’t there

Yes for general public

I was kinda surprised it wasn’t down yet but I’m assuming they were waiting WW to be back up

Ive brought it up before but Universal communications aren’t the best. Disney gives people a month before something goes down at least, WW just went down and they told everyone about the maintenance within a week of it closing

Heck I had no idea their were two dressed up minions for lunar new years until I saw one in the park and other on a Facebook post

I’m here daily and follow many bloggers and compared to say Disneyland the amount of info about the parks just isn’t there
The water was poopoo dirty. That’s why they didn’t open

The sheer volume of rain is causing a lot of unexpected consequences, including an unacceptable amount of contaminants entering the Jurassic World flume. That's more or less what I heard. (Not that a whole lot of people would want to be riding right now, anyway.)
Haha Thank you Clive, I was just making a colorful joke.

Also the ride is open today with a 10 min wait, glad it's open for now for the people who had vacations at this time

Did JW reopen immediately after Hurricane Hillary last year? From my house in Anaheim this atmospheric river event (not sure why we don't have names for them) was much worse. We nearly had 48 straight hours of rain. I don’t know what drainage/filtration system is in place here, but I'll forgive them for taking a minute to clean everything out lol

I went on Saturday night and felt bad... Wait was pretty much a walk on, but while we were waiting to get on our boat, this woman behind us was telling the guy she was with how he was gonna have his mind blown by "the animatronic at the end of the ride." They ended up sitting right behind us on the boat.

Lo and behold, we get to the end and the tarp is up, no Indominus, and I just hear the lady go, "What the f*ck" really quietly. She had to describe it to him after the drop. All that hype for her friend (or whoever he was to her) to see it and... it's not there. Just a reminder I'm glad to have an AP, because people who come for a day for the first time in years and may not be able to come back for years, if ever, not getting to see the more amazing elements of the park is unfortunate despite being an unavoidable element of the theme park experience in general. (Even the dragon animatronic on Forbidden Journey was darkened out and not working!)

I went on Saturday night and felt bad... Wait was pretty much a walk on, but while we were waiting to get on our boat, this woman behind us was telling the guy she was with how he was gonna have his mind blown by "the animatronic at the end of the ride." They ended up sitting right behind us on the boat.

Lo and behold, we get to the end and the tarp is up, no Indominus, and I just hear the lady go, "What the f*ck" really quietly. She had to describe it to him after the drop. All that hype for her friend (or whoever he was to her) to see it and... it's not there. Just a reminder I'm glad to have an AP, because people who come for a day for the first time in years and may not be able to come back for years, if ever, not getting to see the more amazing elements of the park is unfortunate despite being an unavoidable element of the theme park experience in general. (Even the dragon animatronic on Forbidden Journey was darkened out and not working!)
The dragon on FJ is still down? It’s been down since the beginning of the year! Wonder when they’ll fix it soon.

Yeah the I-Rex has been down for a few weeks apparently.