Future WDW Additions/Expansion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Future WDW Additions/Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can Zootopia fit in the Indy Jones plot, maybe expanding outwards a bit, at DHS? I’ve been saying it but to me that feels like the best and most natural location for it.

$8.5-$9B won't go as far as you think it will with how much help some of the parks need even after just receiving billions of dollars.
Wasn’t California Adventure completely revamped for like $2B? Assuming all four parks got that level of investment you’d still have money leftover (or let’s call it three parks to account for inflation).

That was 20 years ago.
2012 wasn’t 20 years ago and please don’t scare me into thinking I’m that old again lol

ETA: Inflation has gone up by a factor of roughly 1.31 since 2012–that would put 2012’s $2B at an equivalent of $2.62B today. Not great, but not the majority of a $17B capital investment (or $8B-$9B or whatever you want to speculate).

Of course it's considerable amount of money, but all four parks need expansion, but specifically DHS and DAK. Epcot maybe gets a refreshed Imagination? Although I think that seems less likely than the beyond Thunder Mountain proposals.

$8.5-$9B won't go as far as you think it will with how much help some of the parks need even after just receiving billions of dollars.
Well then good luck trying to keep up with Universal then.

Well then good luck trying to keep up with Universal then.

I really hate saying this, but Disney is in a position where they really don't need to do too much to compete with Universal's growth. All they really need to do is add a handful of rides to DHS/DAK, renovate some Epcot attractions and they can keep up with Universal.

If Disney really starts to bleed in attendance, that reservation system can go away overnight.

They don't need to do something drastic as a new gate when they have more than enough land to fit a major IP-based E-ticket at each of the parks currently that can drive attendance.

Not saying Disney should remain complacent (would be terrible), but they have options they can pull quickly.

I really hate saying this, but Disney is in a position where they really don't need to do too much to compete with Universal's growth. All they really need to do is add a handful of rides to DHS/DAK, renovate some Epcot attractions and they can keep up with Universal.

If Disney really starts to bleed in attendance, that reservation system can go away overnight.

They don't need to do something drastic as a new gate when they have more than enough land to fit a major IP-based E-ticket at each of the parks currently that can drive attendance.

Not saying Disney should remain complacent (would be terrible), but they have options they can pull quickly.

But here's the thing, "handful of rides to DHS/DAK, renovate some Epcot attractions" IS something drastic for Disney's investment level and pace. It's been six years since Pandora opened at DAK and the park has FEWER rides now.

But here's the thing, "handful of rides to DHS/DAK, renovate some Epcot attractions" IS something drastic for Disney's investment level and pace. It's been six years since Pandora opened at DAK and the park has FEWER rides now.
I know, that's why I'm trying to lower people's expectations of what this "theoretical" investment could be. I'm not expecting DCA-style makeovers of the 3 non-MK parks, but a new E-ticket/land at each is more than enough to market against EU.

I do expect Disney to finally green-light a project for Animation Courtyard at DHS, and a new nighttime-focused event for DAK (mainly to entice Passholders to keep renewing) once Dinoland stuff happens within this decade. I don't think Iger is playing around with the parks.

I know, that's why I'm trying to lower people's expectations of what this "theoretical" investment could be. I'm not expecting DCA-style makeovers of the 3 non-MK parks, but a new E-ticket/land at each is more than enough to market against EU.

I do expect Disney to finally green-light a project for Animation Courtyard at DHS, and a new nighttime-focused event for DAK (mainly to entice Passholders to keep renewing) once Dinoland stuff happens within this decade. I don't think Iger is playing around with the parks.
Not saying that’s what the parks WILL get…just putting that amount of money into perspective, because it is a significant CAPEX allocation no matter how you cut it. For all we know it could be Magic+ Part 2…the point is, it’s still a lot of money.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Not saying that’s what the parks WILL get…just putting that amount of money into perspective, because it is a significant CAPEX allocation no matter how you cut it. For all we know it could be Magic+ Part 2…the point is, it’s still a lot of money.
Maybe Bob will give himself an extra bonus, now that 17B isn't that much anymore.

Wasn’t California Adventure completely revamped for like $2B? Assuming all four parks got that level of investment you’d still have money leftover (or let’s call it three parks to account for inflation).
Between Pandora, SWGE, MMRR, GotG: CW, Tron, Ratatouille, and everything else they have done to Epcot and the parks in between, that round of investment was about $5B and the parks still have a lot of work to be done. So would $8.5B help immensely? yes. But that's just a guess in terms of the number. We don't know the actual monetary figure as far as new investment for rides that's in the vague $17B number.

Between Pandora, SWGE, MMRR, GotG: CW, Tron, Ratatouille, and everything else they have done to Epcot and the parks in between, that round of investment was about $5B and the parks still have a lot of work to be done. So would $8.5B help immensely? yes. But that's just a guess in terms of the number. We don't know the actual monetary figure as far as new investment for rides that's in the vague $17B number.
My man, you just named six huge additions that net out to eight new rides (three of them being among the best that’s in any of the parks right now). Would doubling that amount of scope for <1/3 of the $17B pledged not help to “the lot of work needed to be done”? :lmao:

And also doesn't take into account if the next CEO all of a sudden cuts that number by half or more. Again, I'd prefer them bookmark $10B for rides across three parks, allocate the remainder to infrastructure and hotels, and, for the ride allocation, don't spend it all on creating minilands.

Reactions: Nick
With that amount of money, I do hope a 5th park is in the works

I mean they still have so many unused Big IPs and even ones they can make a new land for again like Marvel/Star Wars and should gain more people attention

My man, you just named six huge additions that net out to eight new rides (three of them being among the best that’s in any of the parks right now). Would doubling that amount of scope for <1/3 of the $17B pledged not help to “the lot of work needed to be done”? :lmao:
I said it would certainly help. It also wouldn't be enough because DHS, DAK, and even Epcot are still in rough shape (Epcot still needs to put a ride or two in the place of Wonders and also add more rides to WS) with MK needing help as well with it being a very old feeling park. Hopefully part of the money here goes to giving Space Mountain and Big Thunder a proper refurb.

Reactions: SkiBum