Future WDW Additions/Expansion | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Future WDW Additions/Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't even think they should bring Cars to DHS. I hate repeating myself but like... why can't they use more relevant/newer IPs? Why do we need Cars in Florida when we could get stuff like Zootopia or something else? I just don't buy the rumor that we're getting anything Cars related in Florida. If it was like 5-7 years ago I would've, but I think we're past it ever coming.

Ironic since Zootopia came out in 2016, and Cars 3 came out in 2017.

It’s the space I was talking about and it’s actually a sizable amount of space. We all know OMD could be gone within a week if they had a good Toy Story themed attraction that they wanted to build, which is what we were talking about with the Woody thing.
It was spared for a reason. Things start getting interconnected really quickly back in that corner.

Reactions: SeventyOne
When's the 3rd one coming out?
November 2025.

To add my two cents to the matter, I am personally hoping that the expansion DHS is getting will be a more catch all land themed to something like Disney Animation. You can have attractions that have a specific theme related to WDAS and they can be updated with elements incorporated from the latest WDAS film.

Cars has more movies than Zootopia though, including a 2 decade success with show spin offs? I don’t see the arguement here.
I wasn't really trying to make an argument. My point is that Zootopia has new content coming unlike Cars which hasn't had a new film in 7 years

It was spared for a reason. Things start getting interconnected really quickly back in that corner.
I understand it’s connected to TLM show building… but March 16, 2020 was the last time there was a performance in there and if at the very least SW Launch Bay is on the chopping block for a new land, I say raze the whole thing and give yourself more options.

I understand it’s connected to TLM show building… but March 16, 2020 was the last time there was a performance in there and if at the very least SW Launch Bay is on the chopping block for a new land, I say raze the whole thing and give yourself more options.
The even with just removing SWLB for an entry point into this hypothetical new land, you still have a lot of space in the current backstage area where the land will go. Around 8 or so acres max. Speaking of...

The area behind AC has the old Disney Animation building which would be a goner for any new land in that space, but there is also backstage builds and a CM parking deck. While the backstage structures will obviously need to be removed I am less sure about the CM parking deck. Is it more likely it stays or goes?

The area behind AC has the old Disney Animation building which would be a goner for any new land in that space, but there is also backstage builds and a CM parking deck. While the backstage structures will obviously need to be removed I am less sure about the CM parking deck. Is it more likely it stays or goes?
I want everything back there gone.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Parking garage in the middle of a theme park is silly and needs to go.

Of course, there still needs to be a place for them to park, but that’s the easy part. There was a plan when they were building TSL to build a parking lot/garage across the street (would’ve been a ways to the left of the fireworks launch site) and have a bridge over the street to get to work.

They also need to relocate backstage offices (and there’s a major office out of the Animation building) but it can and will get done if imagineers get approval to use that space for something new because ultimately Disney benefits.

Reactions: belloq87
Parking garage in the middle of a theme park is silly and needs to go.

Of course, there still needs to be a place for them to park, but that’s the easy part. There was a plan when they were building TSL to build a parking lot/garage across the street (would’ve been a ways to the left of the fireworks launch site) and have a bridge over the street.

They also need to relocate backstage offices (and there’s a major office out of the Animation building) but it can and will get done if imagineers get approval to use that space for something new because ultimately Disney benefits.
That's what I'm thinking too. On a side note, if this rumored DHS expansion was finalized and on the docket to be announced at D23, wouldn't there have been permits filed already for demo of the whole back area? The fact that there hasn't makes me think while this could be teased at this D23 2024, more concrete details won't come out until D23 2026. and once DAK gets their expansions around 2027-2028 this DHS expansion won't be until 2029-2030 IMO. Could be totally wrong though.

That's what I'm thinking too. On a side note, if this rumored DHS expansion was finalized and on the docket to be announced at D23, wouldn't there have been permits filed already for demo of the whole back area? The fact that there hasn't makes me think while this could be teased at this D23 2024, more concrete details won't come out until D23 2026. and once DAK gets their expansions around 2027-2028 this DHS expansion won't be until 2029-2030 IMO. Could be totally wrong though.
DAK is the focus of this D23. The permit for MK going to take a long time. I think we may see some updated concept art and that’s it for beyond big thunder.

DAK is the focus of this D23. The permit for MK going to take a long time. I think we may see some updated concept art and that’s it for beyond big thunder.
Tying into this, a Disney Park channel I watch had a friend of the channel who got to meet Josh D'Amaro and flat out asked him if real concrete things were going to be announced at D23 2024. D'Amaro's response was that it was going to be a mix of real concrete things and what-if blue skying. I would bundle any future expansion to DHS under the what-if blue sky announcement.

Tying into this, a Disney Park channel I watch had a friend of the channel who got to meet Josh D'Amaro and flat out asked him if real concrete things were going to be announced at D23 2024. D'Amaro's response was that it was going to be a mix of real concrete things and what-if blue skying. I would bundle any future expansion to DHS under the what-if blue sky announcement.
I swear to God if I hear any mention of the phrase "Blue sky" at D23 this year...

Angry Fuck Me GIF

They had invited media to a conference last week to show them "plans" and how real Disney is treating these investments. It might take a while for them to come online/fully construct everything, but Disney is definitely not messing around anymore.

I don't think it would be crazy to say we will at least have a 1 new (or major updated) E-ticket attraction at each WDW park by 2030.

Reactions: IzzyB
I swear to God if I hear any mention of the phrase "Blue sky" at D23 this year...

Angry farfanoogin Me GIF
I don’t mind the blue sky phrasing if it’s just their new way of telling us things that they are fairly confident will be happening in one way or another, but just not as immediate or concrete as say, the tropical Americas land will be at DAK this year.

Think of how long from 2017 it took for GotG and Tron to open and people criticized them for that. Perhaps they are looking at calling things like this blue sky so we arent yelling about how long it took.

They also probably don’t want to firmly announce something that’s far out and then end up canceling it again.