Future Universal Projects and Parks | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
So, we kinda know everything that UOR has planned at this point. Kong, Wondersea, a Fast and Furious something and some kind of Rock Center thingy plus a an unknown restaurant or two.

So, are we at a dead point? No one seems to know what they have planned four years out, or if they do, they aren't telling us so far.

I know a ton of stuff I cannot discuss here, but I don't know four, five, six years out. So, discuss the entire resorts future projects in general here.

Another park? Discuss that here too.

Also be sure to add Sapphire Falls. In addition to that, Universal has even MORE hotel rooms planned after that's done.

I personally don't see a third park coming to the resort. I'm sure someone somewhere has some plans drawn up for one but the resort needs to maximize the space it has now AND continue to operate at capacity consistently before that comes to fruition.

Also be sure to add Sapphire Falls. In addition to that, Universal has even MORE hotel rooms planned after that's done.

I personally don't see a third park coming to the resort. I'm sure someone somewhere has some plans drawn up for one but the resort needs to maximize the space it has now AND continue to operate at capacity consistently before that comes to fruition.

Yes, I kind of agree with that. I would think a third park is a good many years down the road. The new hotels should be a big asset to getting the parks close to capacity more often. And, with the additional rooms & easy access, Universal may be able to keep evening crowds on campus. There's a number of areas that can see expansion before a third park is considered. Or, perhaps they'll do some major expansions to the Studio's park and isolate the two Harry Potter areas into a third park. That's probably far fetched, but if they do another Potter expansion into Fear Factor with an E & D attraction, it might be feasible.

Last edited:
So, we kinda know everything that UOR has planned at this point. Kong, Wondersea, a Fast and Furious something and some kind of Rock Center thingy plus a an unknown restaurant or two.

So, are we at a dead point? No one seems to know what they have planned four years out, or if they do, they aren't telling us so far.

I know a ton of stuff I cannot discuss here, but I don't know four, five, six years out. So, discuss the entire resorts future projects in general here.

Another park? Discuss that here too.

What is this rock center thingy? Think i missed that.

I think we should also include the planned expansion of the Ministry of Magic into FF Live. Any word on what that might entail.

So are Fast and the Furious and Twister's replacement.

Ministry of Magic is just as solid as them.

No, actually. Twister's replacement has an account. Negotiations were made with the IP. Plans were drawn up. Stuff like that. It is (was?...not sure of its current status) way more solidified.

You don't have to negotiate with an IP you own.

And you assume no work has been done on MoM? Okay.

Yes you do…when you're dealing with a person (in this case, supposedly Jimmy Fallon), there are several negotiations you have to work out. How he's portrayed…if he will be making appearances…salary if he is personally involved. It's not traditional negotiating as if to buy rights from a third party but because Jimmy Fallon owns his own likeness, there had to be deals done. Universal does not own Jimmy Fallon, they own the network that currently airs a show he hosts. From my understanding, the attraction to replace Twister focused heavily on him, not just the broad channel Universal owns.

And come on, you know the difference between blue sky and actual concepts. A Ministry of Magic show, along with lots of other BS projects (Smurfs, anyone?) all have sketches, plans, write-ups, etc. Twister's replacement made it much further along than that. Whether it is still on track or not is beyond me, but at some point there were finalized plans and an account set up for dealings between the park and the network to use their show for an attraction. A Ministry of Magic show is a concept tacked up on someone's wall…completely different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitro_230
And come on, you know the difference between blue sky and actual concepts. A Ministry of Magic show, along with lots of other BS projects (Smurfs, anyone?) all have sketches, plans, write-ups, etc. Twister's replacement made it much further along than that. Whether it is still on track or not is beyond me, but at some point there were finalized plans and an account set up for dealings between the park and the network to use their show for an attraction. A Ministry of Magic show is a concept tacked up on someone's wall…completely different.

It's not a show...so...

Yes you do…when you're dealing with a person (in this case, supposedly Jimmy Fallon), there are several negotiations you have to work out.

Correct. This is why you don't see any Tommy Lee Jones in MIB: Alien Attack, and no Michael J. Fox in BTTF: The Ride (isn't it crazy they made a BTTF ride without MJF and nobody really noticed? Cheers to the designers for making us not even care.)

In newer franchise movie contracts with actors, they may try to throw in attraction rights up front... but it's a relatively new contract term.

This is why I think there has been such a delay with Fast and Furious (no insider info, just a guess). The actors might be holding up negotiations.

Reactions: Nitro_230
Correct. This is why you don't see any Tommy Lee Jones in MIB: Alien Attack, and no Michael J. Fox in BTTF: The Ride (isn't it crazy they made a BTTF ride without MJF and nobody really noticed? Cheers to the designers for making us not even care.)

In newer franchise movie contracts with actors, they may try to throw in attraction rights up front... but it's a relatively new contract term.

This is why I think there has been such a delay with Fast and Furious (no insider info, just a guess). The actors might be holding up negotiations.

Those are actors, not IPs. Marty McFly was a walk around character. I would assume negotiations with someone like Jimmy Fallon would happen much earlier in the process than someone they don't have as strong a relationship with. If I were Jimmy I would be scarred to hold out otherwise may go the way of the Dodo, or is that CoCo? :rofl:

I agree that if they use Fallon's likeness to sell a product (attraction) within the park, there must be additional contracts and payment arrangements. ReelJustice should be able to offer more on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.