Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Berk please, a trillion times over.

I'd personally like to see HTTYD get a land designed top to bottom for it rather than a retheme.

Whether his show is ____ now or not - he's spongebob. And I would say many folks in many age brackets have an affinity for the porous yellow fella who lives under the sea.

Yea, SpongeBob, like Shrek, whether you like him or not is a cultural benchmark and merch mover. There's good reason to get him into an expanded presence in the park.

Spongebob stopped being good after the first movie came out and I can't really say anything about TMNT. What are the chances Universal makes their own Dudley Do Right movie now that they own it? I say they should keep Toon Lagoon but almost completely start over with Popeye and Dudley being the only survivors. They got way more than just the films when they got DreamWorks and they should use them. Don't they own Rocky & Bullwinkle now too?
SpongeBob still is huge among kids and can make a ton of sales. A water area for SpongeBob with a Krusty Krab eatery replacing Comin Strip Cafe could do wonders. Wouldn't have to be just SpongeBob that encompasses water area either . Throw a dry ride in there add another water ride in a different location.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
I think Nick properties are not as weak as some believe them to be. However, it just doesn't make logistical sense to put something like that in Toon Lagoon. I think Toon Lagoon is far from a terrible land or under themed land.. Really? Under themed? Lol you are practically in a comic book for goodness sakes it's not a movie! Not everything needs to be HP or JP level.

With that said revamp the properties now that you own them tidy up a bit more. use more of the dead space (theater & carnival games) and you have a solid land.

Nick (I know Nintendo is proposed here) but belongs in USF Kidzone by the sponge bob store IMO. Other (now) universal properties deserve their own "land" perhaps a revamp of production central since shriek and despicable me are already there.. Just a thought I know there's no much space to work with.

Sorry I know the topic is of TL but some properties being mentioned to replace it just don't make sense since most have a presence in other areas of the parks.

I would like to see Toon Lagoon totally revamped (everything except Sweet Haven could either demoed or revamped)

Hanna Barbera is the most obvious way to keep the classic aesthetic while remaining relevant.

The sections could be Scooby-Doo, Flintstones, Jetsons, and Popeye (close enough since it's been on Boomerang for years).

Four mini-lands that make far better use of Toon Lagoon's space than the current offerings. Plus, the amount of soaking wet Es would be reduced to two. And a family dark ride/coaster would be a given.

Nick/DreamWorks make more sense for a 3rd gate. Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Star Fox and Kirby, too.

JW, Monsters, Warcraft, Godzilla, original concepts, etc.. can balance out the kiddy nature.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
I kindof like the idea of a crusty crab replacing the eatery at Toon Lagoon. I think they could keep the name toon lagoon that way. And leave popeye and dudley rides in place without losing the theme of the area. I think the cartoons are just showing their age. They could just rebrand a few shops there and be done with it. I can see the walls up with the goofy distraction employees walking by now.

Reactions: Mike S
I kindof like the idea of a Krusty Krab replacing the eatery at Toon Lagoon. I think they could keep the name toon lagoon that way. And leave popeye and dudley rides in place without losing the theme of the area. I think the cartoons are just showing their age. They could just rebrand a few shops there and be done with it. I can see the walls up with the goofy distraction employees walking by now.
Tsk, tsk, tsk ;)

Spongebob stopped being good after the first movie came out and I can't really say anything about TMNT. What are the chances Universal makes their own Dudley Do Right movie now that they own it? I say they should keep Toon Lagoon but almost completely start over with Popeye and Dudley being the only survivors. They got way more than just the films when they got DreamWorks and they should use them. Don't they own Rocky & Bullwinkle now too?

It's just dawned on me that Michael Bay produced both TMNT films and given his past relationship with Universal and Transformers, I wonder what the relationship would be like there.

I may be in a minority, but I like Toon Lagoon how it is now. The only complaint I have is there are only water rides in the area. I'd much rather seem them add a dark ride to the island than re-theme it. I also don't care for water rides in general, but love that so many comics are represented in the area. "It's always Sunday in Toon Lagoon."

I wish instead o
I may be in a minority, but I like Toon Lagoon how it is now. The only complaint I have is there are only water rides in the area. I'd much rather seem them add a dark ride to the island than re-theme it. I also don't care for water rides in general, but love that so many comics are represented in the area. "It's always Sunday in Toon Lagoon."

I do love it too. But an update to the theme would be nice since its fairly old.