Fridges in UO Hotels? | Inside Universal Forums

Fridges in UO Hotels?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 15, 2014
I'm thinking about a split stay between WDW and US/IOA after the new year. I have some allergies and need some specific alternative foods.

Do the rooms at Cabana Bay and Portofino have a fridge?

If not,Do they have them on request for medical reasons?

Hey BookGirl, here is their official policy on fridges:

The fee for a Microwaves and Refrigerators are $15 each per day, plus 12.5% sales tax. Available on a first come, first served basis. Only one Microwave and Refrigerator is allowed per room and are available through Star Service Hotline.

I'm sure if you call them and explain the situation, they may make an exception. Hope that helps, and let us know if they were able accommodate you!

Thanks I called, star services does not accept outside calls but I asked the gentleman who answered at Portfino he said they do have a medical wavier and you just let the check in agent know that you need a medical fridge. I also asked about size (needs to be large enough to hold a milk alternative carton) and he said they are dorm size.

Make sure to also specify that you want it unstocked. Portofino's friges are usually decent size but stocked full with weight sensors on them.

Make sure to also specify that you want it unstocked. Portofino's friges are usually decent size but stocked full with weight sensors on them.

Those are the mini bars. For medical purposes they will bring you up a dorm sized fridge. We had one last year at Hard Rock. They actually asked to see the medicine when it was brought to our room too.

Well I can show them a box of almond or soy milk and wheat/egg/dairy free bread (which needs to be kept cool as it molds quick)and a soyalmondmilk yogurt. LOL Luckily my epi pens are shelf stable. If that is not acceptable then I'll do without.

It will only be for two nights so I can always buy the small individual shelf stable cartons to use in the morning with my coffee and cereal (I bring my own as most cereals are not wheat free and almost every breakfast food is currently off limits for me).

Last edited: