Forbidden Journey Screens | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey Screens

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
“@Attractions: RT @patrickzfilms: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey's dome screens are super crisp, team member told me they got new projectors!”

I know it's being reported that way, but I doubt they actually replaced the projectors.

They just changed the video out. I believe TomTheRiddle mentioned it on the last page.

The screens yesterday were still as blurry as I can ever remember. I do believe its simply due to the fact of the constant motion on screen and in the bench. I also attribute my dizziness and queasiness to that very motion plus the fact that while we are moving on the screens we are moving on the track. I tried looking outside the ride vehicle and it got very disorienting. Needless to say, unless they changed projectors last night, there still awful

^^It was a dumb idea believe me haha. I really am interested in getting the chance to go behind the scenes and watch the ride in motion. I got to see the screens rotating for the first time on one of my glances off to the side. The circular base must be absolutely huge in order to keep us in the bubble for however long we're in it.

My favorite scene yesterday on this was the dragon. I obviously knew it was coming but when we got to it the vehicle kind of paused, the dragon let out a puff of air, and then reared back and blasted us! It was quite realistic and a lot of fun! But yes overall the ride was quite intense yesterday....those dementors still scare the absolute mess out of me every time.

My favorite scene yesterday on this was the dragon. I obviously knew it was coming but when we got to it the vehicle kind of paused, the dragon let out a puff of air, and then reared back and blasted us! It was quite realistic and a lot of fun! But yes overall the ride was quite intense yesterday....those dementors still scare the absolute mess out of me every time.

Yeah, the dragon is great, though my most memorable part of the ride was knowing you do encounter the dragon, but the first thing you see is that massive wing...when I saw that, I thought "oh s***!!!" amazing stuff.

^When a ride is so overwhelming and convincing that your first reaction is "Oh Sh*t" you know you have a winner. I've seen it a lot on Spidey.

FJ dome projections have definitely been upgraded since I was there 2 weeks ago, they are now as sharp and high-contrast as I always wished they would be. Motion blur has been greatly reduced; for the first time ever I was able to follow the snitch's flight!
The ride motion has been subtly re-profiled, most noticeably in the domes. In some spots there seems to be more side-to-side motion, but overall it felt slightly smoother and better synchronized (without damaging the intensity).
I'm really impressed that Universal is going the extra mile to plus their existing E-Tickets, just like Walt used to do...

FJ dome projections have definitely been upgraded since I was there 2 weeks ago, they are now as sharp and high-contrast as I always wished they would be. Motion blur has been greatly reduced; for the first time ever I was able to follow the snitch's flight!
The ride motion has been subtly re-profiled, most noticeably in the domes. In some spots there seems to be more side-to-side motion, but overall it felt slightly smoother and better synchronized (without damaging the intensity).
I'm really impressed that Universal is going the extra mile to plus their existing E-Tickets, just like Walt used to do...

:boxing:

I rode this today for the first time in awhile and the whole ride felt signifigantly better than I remember. The first few screens were so clear and crisp compared to what I remembered. Loved it!

There are so many things wrong with Forbidden Journey that we all seem to overlook because it's a trend. Transformers literally has 0.0 issues during the ride. Everything is hyper-realistic, and the screens are flawless. FJ is my favorite ride of all time, but Transformers is technically a superior ride. It needs not only to use whatever kind of projectors Transformers uses, but it also needs a completely new refurbishment, and before anyone tells me this is an impossibility, I will laugh in their faces because if it's closed for just one week during the slow season for an extensive refurb just like almost every other attraction requires from time to time, Universal's decision to keep their most famous ride up to par will be lauded. Anyway:

- The floo powder scenes are sad. A lot of the projections aren't even well-synced with each other, and the whole screen system just needs to become a set accented with projections. A mixture of green fire with moving fireplaces would be excellent.
- The forest scene needs to not be in the nighttime during a storm. It just doesn't make any sense. A very simple, very effective fix would be to just add eerie music with more dramatic twilight lighting to present the spiders in a more grotesque way.
- The willow just needs a massive dome around it. A huge IMAX one with a full projection of Hogwarts in the distance and better lighting (stretchable skin can be applied to add to the realism of the moving trunk. And the "kick" can still work just as well with a wind-blowing effect and some flashing lights.
- The CoS scene could use some more extensive theming and lighting, but the dementors need arms. I honestly want to slap some WB people in the face for removing them and the other dementors. It would totally add to the excitement.
- The first squenched ending projection either needs to be refilmed or resynced, but it's just really bad and out of focus. The second projection is actually pretty perfect, as are (most) of the dome projections.
- The new ride profile just makes me sad. It's lost a lot of original movement.

Hopefully the clearer screens cuts down on the moving walkway puke-fest.

I thought the screen parts of FJ did look better on my latest rides this weekend. And it was my first time seeing the new floo powder effect, which I actually prefer. And the Dementors still scare the crap out of me.

Projections are definitely a bit clearer. I noticed the re-profiling as well. As far as I could tell, it was exclusive to the domes. The up and down motion before Hagrid in dome 1 seemed a bit more subtle. Overall, the profile in the dome sections felt much smoother and a bit less intense. Didn't notice any changes outside the domes but there may have been some very minor adjustments. Didn't change my already very high opinion of the ride. Two dementors were down today...but it was still the most fun I've ever had during a tornado warning! = O