Food options in Orlando | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Food options in Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@TylerDurden Dude, Charley's is awesome! We have one here in the Lakeland Square Mall down in...well obviously Lakeland. I love it!

One of my friends had a horrible experience at Hash House a Go Go.

I have only eaten there once, but I was super impressed. The place is kind of a dive, but the food is fantastic, and they have live entertainment. Ladies and gentlemen, may I recommend The Smiling Bison, on Bennett Drive behind the Boston Market on E. Colonial. Take a look at their website:
http://thesmilingbison.com/

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sweet Tomatoes. If you want to go really upscale, try Primo in the JW Marriott; most of the food is local, and organic. The Palm is a fantastic steakhouse (at the Hard Rock Hotel), and both Emeril's are to die for.

A new Mexican restaurant opened a few blocks from me, called Fiesta, on Curry Ford. They are currently at Curry Ford and Bumby, but moving to a larger location a few blocks away, and on the other side of the street. Great food, great service, great prices. Limited drink list (nobody's perfect).

The Boheme at the Grand Bohemian in downtown Orlando is good.

Right now we have Bite 30 going on (formerly known as Orlando Restaurant Week). Check it out here: http://bite30.com/

Tartini Pizzaria on Orange Ave has the best pizza in town.

In September, check out Orlando Magical Dining, for a chance to eat at some great places for less than regular dining.

I could go on and on.

Wait, I thought of some more.

Head out to Mills Ave, just north of E. Colonial. Tons of good places-Tako Cheena, Yum-mi, Pho 88, Funky Monkey (haven't been there, dying to try it). You could probably spend 1 or 2 weeks eating out in the Vi-Mi area.

Last edited:
@TylerDurden Dude, Charley's is awesome! We have one here in the Lakeland Square Mall down in...well obviously Lakeland. I love it!

Im glad its gotten some love! Up North there seem to be more free-standing locations, and itd be awesome if more of them showed up in Orlando outside of malls.

The Checkers is quite a bit bigger than a normal one and used to have a decent sized arcade in it. When I worked at the Convention Center I ate their quite often, even though it was scuzzy as hell

Yes, it is like 3 or 4 times the size of a regular Checkers, or about double the size of another Checkers that has a dining room. But the funny thing is that it is still in no way a big building (prob less sq. ft. than a regular McDs), just bigger than the ones built in a factory.

Last edited:
I thought of another place: Mediterranean Blue, on the corner of Michigan and Osceola. It's counter service Greek food, just a small place, cheap as hell and so delicious. If you are a vegetarian, this is one you must try, because they always have 5 or 6 different kinds of salads and vegetable dishes. They also have beer and Greek wine.

DAMN!

thank you guys! definitely a ton of places to look at when I go back. ive been to virtually everyone on UOR an WDW property. Emerils is consistently great, Jiko is the best in WDW IMO, especially since flying fish wasnt consistent after the 3rd time. I will say, that McDonalds is great, but I hate fast food. Off site, I have gone to everywhere basically on international. been to BB kings in Memphis and Orlando, Nile Nigerian, Cafe tu tu tango, giordanos (great pizza in Orlando and Chicago). I'm in miami so Ive had shulas before.

I'm looking for good BBQ, good fish, good creole or hatian (I lvoe spicy food). and if possible GOOD DIM SUM! would love Beijing duck and xioa long bao

If you don't mind the drive to Winter Garden Harry and Larry's is rated the best in Greater Orlando. 4 Rivers is pretty good but not as delicious.

DAMN!

thank you guys! definitely a ton of places to look at when I go back. ive been to virtually everyone on UOR an WDW property. Emerils is consistently great, Jiko is the best in WDW IMO, especially since flying fish wasnt consistent after the 3rd time. I will say, that McDonalds is great, but I hate fast food. Off site, I have gone to everywhere basically on international. been to BB kings in Memphis and Orlando, Nile Nigerian, Cafe tu tu tango, giordanos (great pizza in Orlando and Chicago). I'm in miami so Ive had shulas before.

I'm looking for good BBQ, good fish, good creole or hatian (I lvoe spicy food). and if possible GOOD DIM SUM! would love Beijing duck and xioa long bao

On your drive up from Miami to Orlando if you have time check out Park Ave BBQ in Palm Beach County with multiple locations for some awesome BBQ. Their BBQ beef sandwich is a constant pain in my diet and the BBQ sauce is my favorite anywhere :lol:

On your drive up from Miami to Orlando if you have time check out Park Ave BBQ in Palm Beach County with multiple locations for some awesome BBQ. Their BBQ beef sandwich is a constant pain in my diet and the BBQ sauce is my favorite anywhere :lol:

I know it's not the height of BBQ in the Orlando Area, but as an out-of-towner I love hitting Sonny's with their plentiful servings.