Favorite Houses of All Time | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Houses of All Time

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Screamhouse and Scary Tales 2 in HHN 12
Psychoscarapy and All Nite Die In in HHN 13
Castle Vampyr in HHN 14
Body Collectors in HHN 15
Psychoscareapy: Maximum Madness HHN 16
The Thing and Dead Silence in HHN 17
Scary Tales 3 and Dead Exposure in HHN 18
Frankenstein & Dracula in HHN 19
Catacombs and Havoc in HHN 20
Bloodengutz in HHN 21
Gothic in HHN 22 but only because I have to pick something.

If I could pick a top five from that bunch...

Castle Vampyr
Dracula Legacy in Blood
Body Collectors
Psychoscarapy
HR Bloodengutz

The Thing - HHN17
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - HHN17
The Hallow - HHN18
Interstellar Terror - HHN18
Dracula - HHN19
Wolfman - HHN19
Hades - HHN20
Zombiegeddon - HHN20
The In-Between - HHN21
Nightingales - HHN21
Gothic - HHN22
Dead End - HHN22

If I had to compile a top five...

5. Gothic
4. Hades
3. Dracula
2. The Thing
1. The In-Between

The entrance was the front of the Frightantic( really big entrance) Now back in those days the Soundstage was divide to 2 houses the First was Carnage Crew and Fear in First Class but they stayed with the Frightanic theme. The Hull had water coming down each side and a skeleton Jack and Rose in the famous King of the World Pose on the front of the the ship. Some where there has to be a picture online.

cool, thanks!

sadly the picture doesn't do it justice, with the lighting and all the effects it was really cool. Also you think this was 1998 they didn't do a lot of facades entrances like that for a number of years.

Top 5:

* Demon Cantina
* H.R. Bloodengutz
* The Hallow
* Body Collectors
* Winters Night

If I got to round out a top 10:

* Psychoscarapy: Home for the Holidays
* Gothic
* Catacombs
* Frankenstein
* Scary Tales III

I'm surprised to see so much love for Bloodngutz, not only here but across the internet. I thought it was a really fun house, but I'd rank it in the middle of the pack for 2011.

I'm surprised to see so much love for Bloodngutz, not only here but across the internet. I thought it was a really fun house, but I'd rank it in the middle of the pack for 2011.

People loved it for its sense of humor (since repeat visits are going to diminish any scare factor), its varied visual interest, and the A+ casts (who got to know a lot of repeat visitors and interacted with them in fun ways). The exact same thing happened in 2010 with Catacombs (that whole silly "cats n combs" schtick) and 2009 with Leave it to Cleaver.

Agreed--it was a good house I thought but I never paid it much attention. I guess Im not hardcore enough to get to know the casts and stuff though, so maybe thats why

Agreed--it was a good house I thought but I never paid it much attention. I guess Im not hardcore enough to get to know the casts and stuff though, so maybe thats why

It's pretty much exactly why. That's coming from someone who wasn't "in" with those casts, I just happened to enjoy the concept/execution/subject matter and forgive it for its faults (some of those scenes were pretty meh in the scare department.)

It happens with one house or another pretty much every year. Last year it kinda wavered between Gothic (all of the bellringers, both casts were HHN community folks) and Alice Cooper (bunch of HHN community people stationed there). It often has very little to do with the actual scare quality of the house (see Cooper) and more to what the community latches on to with its memes and friends and inside jokes.

I decided to list my two favorite from every year I've gone because quite frankly making a top 10 list is too much of a pain in the ass.

PsychoScareapy: Maximum Madness
Psycho Path: The Return of Norman Bates
A Nightmare On Elm Street: DreamWalkers
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Fleshwounds
Body Collectors: Collections of the Past
Dead Exposure
Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned
Dracula: Legacy of Blood
Catacombs: Black Death Rising
Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past
Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorne Cemetery
The In Between
Gothic
Dead End

I can however make a bottom 5 list.

5. TIE: The Spawning & Silent Hill
4. Zombiegeddon
3. The Orfailanage
2. Vampyr: Blood Bath
1. Reflections of Failure

I can however make a bottom 5 list.

5. TIE: The Spawning & Silent Hill
4. Zombiegeddon
3. The Orfailanage
2. Vampyr: Blood Bath
1. Reflections of Failure

If we're doing that ...

5. Fear Factor
4. Penn & Teller (there have been worse houses, I guess--probably even Silent Hill that same year--but none other than #1 more disappointing)
3. Cold Blind Terror
2. Terror Mines
1. Reflections of Fear

OOOOOH! A Bottom 5! :lol:

5. Dungeon of Terror: Retold 2006
4. Alice Cooper 2012
3. Where Evil Hides 2005
2. Disorientorium 2004
1. Reflections of Fear 2008

Can we do a top 5 scenes in a house also? :lol:

I dont have a top 5 per say but some cool scenes I can kind of remember

Bathroom scene - PsychoScareapy HHN 13 I dont think i will ever be able to ears the sight and smell from my memory

Pumpkin light room - HHN one year at IOA, Cant remember which year or house but think it exited at Thunder Falls. All I remember was the room was dark and had lit pumpkins hanging all over, next think i know two of them are headed right at me. Took me a moment to realize they were at the end of someones arms i believe.

Bungee guy - I dont remember which year or what house this was from but remember walking (possibly went up stairs in the house :shrug:) I just remember this thing on the jumping up and scaring the living day lights with the the girls in our group.

Bottom 5:

5. Saw
4. Vampyr: Blood Bath
3. Cold Blind Terror
2. Chucky
1. The Skoolhouse

Top 5

5. Original Body Collectors
4. Universal House of Horrors (HHN 5)
3. Havoc
2. Thing: Assimilation
1. All Night Die In

Last edited:
Bottom 5...

Hell this might be more difficult than a top 5 :lol:

In no order

Penn and Teller 2012
Fear Factor 2002
Cold Blind Terror 2005
Dungeon of Terror Retold 2006
PUTS 2006
Reflections of Fear 2008

- - - Updated - - -

Can we do a top 5 scenes in a house also? :lol:

I dont have a top 5 per say but some cool scenes I can kind of remember

Bathroom scene - PsychoScareapy HHN 13 I dont think i will ever be able to ears the sight and smell from my memory

Pumpkin light room - HHN one year at IOA, Cant remember which year or house but think it exited at Thunder Falls. All I remember was the room was dark and had lit pumpkins hanging all over, next think i know two of them are headed right at me. Took me a moment to realize they were at the end of someones arms i believe.

Bungee guy - I dont remember which year or what house this was from but remember walking (possibly went up stairs in the house :shrug:) I just remember this thing on the jumping up and scaring the living day lights with the the girls in our group.

Create a top 5 scenes thread and I'm game! As for the bungee Castle Vampyr utilized the bungee and was upstairs :shrug:

Bottom 5...

Hell this might be more difficult than a top 5 :lol:

In no order

Penn and Teller 2012
Fear Factor 2002
Cold Blind Terror 2005
Dungeon of Terror Retold 2006
PUTS 2006
Reflections of Fear 2008

- - - Updated - - -

Create a top 5 scenes thread and I'm game! As for the bungee Castle Vampyr utilized the bungee and was upstairs :shrug:

I agree, coming up with my bottom 5 was a lot harder to figure out :lol:

Bungee scare was originally in Castle Vampyr...then used in Where Evil Hides in the upstairs scene with the Storyteller, then used again in Vampyr: Blood Bath...every year at least one house has it.

Bottom::

PUTS (2006)
Silent Hill (2012) (just very disappointing)
Reflections of Fear (2008) (Awesome Bloody Mary story that became a terrible house)