Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's hoping they play some Kate audio and run the Kong film just one time in it for fun.

Also: Did they refilm everything?

So I actually like Fallon for what it is. I also love the queue idea. It's a great way to burn 20-30 mins of "waiting". Enjoyable to watch the entertainment, etc.

Where I feel it lacks is "re-ridability". If I want to re-ride Fallon, because I like the attraction, the queue holding area can get repetitive. How many times do I really need to see Jay Leno's coffee mug, for example.

F&F- the attraction itself, might have more re-ride desirability than Fallon. And if that's the case, the queue holding area will, hopefully, have a decent amount of stuff to "play" with where we wouldn't be bored the 2nd or 3rd time we ride the ride.
Of course, this is only true for us theme park fans and APers- so, much like most things at UOR or WDW- we are more of the afterthought.

I think this is overkill. This isn't going to be great, but it's certainly going to be better than Fallon.
I was actually just thinking this makes Fallon look so much better by comparison.

For Fallon a crazy 3D ride is kind of okay. For a fast action movie I think most people expect something a little more exciting so to me this was already trailing behind Fallon for that reason. Now after seeing the video I was a little surprised how bad all the CG stuff looked. Fallon had some great looking NY scenes I was expecting that same level of quality on this if not more since this would be a more serious attraction. This honestly looks like a joke.

This is not worth losing Disaster.

My only thought is whether the GP will push back even more than Kong since it's "another screen ride".
Absolutely- and yet the GP who actually goes to the park and rides it will love it- and it will get high satisfaction scores.

Now after seeing the video I was a little surprised how bad all the CG stuff looked. Fallon had some great looking NY scenes I was expecting that same level of quality on this if not more since this would be a more serious attraction. This honestly looks like a joke.

It does look atrocious. Having not ridden the USH version- I can only pray that it looks better in person, although I'm doubting it.

My only thought is whether the GP will push back even more than Kong since it's "another screen ride".

I'll be honest, I still have yet to see the "GP pushback" on Kong. Anecdotally people I talk to, no theme park people, loved it, and I've never gotten off the ride where people seemed to have hated it.

I'm sure it'll get some pushback, as they've just been getting that in general. But once the next round of additions come through, I don't think it'll be an issue. It's a growing pain ride.

I was actually just thinking this makes Fallon look so much better by comparison.

For Fallon a crazy 3D ride is kind of okay. For a fast action movie I think most people expect something a little more exciting so to me this was already trailing behind Fallon for that reason. Now after seeing the video I was a little surprised how bad all the CG stuff looked. Fallon had some great looking NY scenes I was expecting that same level of quality on this if not more since this would be a more serious attraction. This honestly looks like a joke.

This is not worth losing Disaster.

You've got a lot of different points here, so I'll take one at a time.

1) No, this wasn't worth losing Disaster...but Disaster was going either way. The ride was falling apart, and it was gonna close. They replaced it with something disappointing, no doubt, but it was going one way or another. Fallon is legit bad. This is goofy and not great, but the Fallon ride is insulting.

2) I think the CGI will look fin in motion. Kong's CGI looks a bit dodgey in videos as well.

3) Yea, this ride should be better. But at the end of the day, it'll be fine once MoM and Nintendo and SLoP open around it.

I'll be honest, I still have yet to see the "GP pushback" on Kong. Anecdotally people I talk to, no theme park people, loved it, and I've never gotten off the ride where people seemed to have hated it.

I'm sure it'll get some pushback, as they've just been getting that in general. But once the next round of additions come through, I don't think it'll be an issue. It's a growing pain ride.

On the flipside, I've talked to people who have slighted it because it is another screen ride.

Also - Low GSAT scores.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
As expected.....

The only thing I'm really interested in at this point would to be able to see the design changes from the kong vehicle rig to this one.

I bet they learned a hell of a lot from the kong rollout

Also - Low GSAT scores.

Coming from a working a ride that was constantly ranked in the top 5 in GSAT scores in a park when I know damn well most people don't feel that way about the ride...let's just say I'm wary of all GSAT scores.

Also, Fallon was scoring off the charts early on...so again, skeptical. :lol:

I have not ridden the Universal Hollywood version and haven't watched any of the videos online, so I'm going to hold off any judgement until I actually experience it. Shoot, I enjoy Kong so I don't know why I wouldn't enjoy this ride as well...

Lord reading that press release when they said they going to play the biggest hits from the FF films hopefully they realize the fan favorite from Tokyo Drift is not made for the parks and on top next level annoying. And how few times people will be able to stand listening to See you Again.

Throughout the attraction, you’ll hear hit songs from the Fast & Furious soundtracks.