Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The big difference between F&F and Fallon is that even if F&F is better than what people expect, it won't ever be as good as people were hoping it could be. I don't think anybody thought that Fallon could be great.

Fallon may be the only ride that has opened recently at Uni that was better than people expected. Kong, Gringott's, and even Hulk, were hyped up to be better than they turned out to be.

The big difference between F&F and Fallon is that even if F&F is better than what people expect, it won't ever be as good as people were hoping it could be. I don't think anybody thought that Fallon could be great.

I had hopes that Fallon would be a good attraction. Not every attraction needs to be groundbreaking, nor does it need to cater to the fans.

Fast and Furious, could it be better? Yes, but they probably don't have as much of a choice; considering that multiple other projects are/were in development for UOR. This just seems to be the one that lucked out.

Lowering expectations would be wise, and that I honestly hope I'm wrong; and the ride kicks ass. But it's there for the sake of adding a buffer. Just the same as how Transformers is to me.

Reactions: Scott W.
Fallon may be the only ride that has opened recently at Uni that was better than people expected. Kong, Gringott's, and even Hulk, were hyped up to be better than they turned out to be.

But honestly, a lot of the hype came from insiders, who in fact got the rest of us hyped. I'm not going to fall into that trap with Nintendo.

But honestly, a lot of the hype came from insiders, who in fact got the rest of us hyped. I'm not going to fall into that trap with Nintendo.

To be blunt, I'm excited about Nintendo; due to how Nintendo likes to keep a lot of it's things close to it's chest. And that I have to assume they will have development on the level of Rowling and WB.

Although, looking at F&F, I am not going to be surprised if they drop Virtual Queue if it doesn't work for that ride.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I had hopes that Fallon would be a good attraction. Not every attraction needs to be groundbreaking, nor does it need to cater to the fans.

Fast and Furious, could it be better? Yes, but they probably don't have as much of a choice; considering that multiple other projects are/were in development for UOR. This just seems to be the one that lucked out.

Lowering expectations would be wise, and that I honestly hope I'm wrong; and the ride kicks ass. But it's there for the sake of adding a buffer. Just the same as how Transformers is to me.

As an alternative choice, I would have preferred the idea to be shelved. It's a prime location with a great size and my worry is that this could undo a lot of the great work that Universal has done recently and it might lower the hype for what will no doubt be even greater attractions coming in the future.

Reactions: Ash and Ashhanbre
So funny people in this thread now are defending Earthquake/Disaster when in fact only the short last part was ok. The whole thing had an Ellen's Energy snorefest vibe to it except it had a fun ending. I'm excited for something new and I like what they are doing to the exteriors and I'm sure the inside will match. There are worst filler rides in Orlando than the F&F and with Universal we know it won't be around for ever or be some seasonal bs.

Reactions: Andysol
I've been a local AP holder since 2009 and I rode Disaster! 4 maybe 5 times total. I loved the old Earthquake attraction, but I actually saw Earthquake in the theater in "Sensurround" back in the '70s.

Loved Lonny and Frank, but not something I felt compelled to do often. I saw Twister even less than that. And I've done Shrek twice. I really hate that attraction.

Last edited:
I've been a local AP holder since 2009 and I rode Disaster! 4 maybe 5 times total. I loved the old Earthquake attraction, but I actually saw Earthquake in the theater in "Sensurround" back in the '70s.

Loved Lonny and Frank, but not something I felt compelled to do often. I saw Twister even less than that. And I've done Shrek twice. I really hate that attraction.

Shrek is a terrible attraction.

Earthquake was good when the park felt like a real studio and took itself seriously. Disaster's campy humor didn't always hit the way it was designed to.

The original lineup on that side of the park did a lot with psychological tricks. Earthquake was the most straight forward of the group - nestled between Kong and Jaws - giving some studio magic as precursor.

It still held the overall ominous tone though. This sort of somber mechanical march toward a "bad end."

Kong, with its look down the street where something has gone wrong just out of sight played on the stress caused by asking yourself "just how bad is it?"

Earthquake played on the stress of "when is it coming?"

And Jaws toyed with the "what aren't you telling me? What are you trying to hide?" stressors.

The problem with Earthquake/Disaster & Twister type attractions is their low repeatability factor. Generally, even tourists, were only going to experience them once a trip instead of numerous times. That's kind of why Race Through NYC is a really good concept. It takes up a large chunk of time but it is also fun to experience multiple times during a day or on a vacation.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The problem with Earthquake/Disaster & Twister type attractions is their low repeatability factor. Generally, even tourists, were only going to experience them once a trip instead of numerous times. That's kind of why Race Through NYC is a really good concept. It takes up a large chunk of time but it is also fun to experience multiple times during a day or on a vacation.

That's an interesting take, but I'm not sure how much repeatability during a single trip would really be a factor for or against an attraction staying or going.

I recognize I'm not a typical guest, but in my usual trips (which tend to be every two years), there are very few rides left I would make certain to do more than once; Mummy, Spider-Man, and Forbidden Journey are really the only rides at the resort that I'd be disappointed about not getting to ride more than once. BTTF, Jaws, and Kongfrontation were once part of that, but no longer apply, obviously.

If Earthquake and Twister (attractions I liked a lot) weren't in that select group for me, I can't imagine any scenario where Fast & Furious would be, knowing what we know about it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
That's an interesting take, but I'm not sure how much repeatability during a single trip would really be a factor for or against an attraction staying or going.

I recognize I'm not a typical guest, but in my usual trips (which tend to be every two years), there are very few rides left I would make certain to do more than once; Mummy, Spider-Man, and Forbidden Journey are really the only rides at the resort that I'd be disappointed about not getting to ride more than once. BTTF, Jaws, and Kongfrontation were once part of that, but no longer apply, obviously.

If Earthquake and Twister (attractions I liked a lot) weren't in that select group for me, I can't imagine any scenario where Fast & Furious would be, knowing what we know about it.
We're kind of the opposite. Not unusual for us to ride Spider Man, Gringotts, HE, Kong, Transformers, ET, MIB, 6 plus times a vacation. FJ, Mummy, Simpsons, Popeye, JRP, Dudley four plus times . They're a little tougher physically (or wetter with the water rides) than the first group. Attractions like Terminator, Poseidon we only do once or twice since they're more like the Disaster/Twister variety. We even do the youth rides like Despicable Me, CITH, Seuss Trolley three or four times since they have decent repeatability. We did Race Through NYC lots this past trip, so I think that's going to fall in one of the first two groups.

We're kind of the opposite. Not unusual for us to ride Spider Man, Gringotts, HE, Kong, Transformers, ET, MIB, 6 plus times a vacation. FJ, Mummy, Simpsons, Popeye, JRP, Dudley four plus times . They're a little tougher physically (or wetter with the water rides) than the first group. Attractions like Terminator, Poseidon we only do once or twice since they're more like the Disaster/Twister variety. We even do the youth rides like Despicable Me, CITH, Seuss Trolley three or four times since they have decent repeatability. We did Race Through NYC lots this past trip, so I think that's going to fall in one of the first two groups.

Well, I'm usually only at Universal for 2 or 2.5 days, so I do the best with the time I have!

WOT NO SHREK :poop: :lol:

Reactions: Disneyhead