Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not uncommon for the exterior to be finished well before the interior is and just because it looks almost complete, doesn't mean it is.

Oh I agree, however there was a glimmer of hope! Like I say I am personally not bothered by this, just thought I'd see what the opinion on it would be on here. Thanks anyway!

Reactions: ChrisFL
Oh I agree, however there was a glimmer of hope! Like I say I am personally not bothered by this, just thought I'd see what the opinion on it would be on here. Thanks anyway!

Worst case scenario, your pal will have a nice building to look at and it might encourage them to return with you next year when it opens.

Typically they finish the envelope of the building first then the interior gets the next push.
Don't think UOR has any incentive to push this faster or more furiously than getting it fully open for the summer 2018 season. (yeah I went there)

Typically they finish the envelope of the building first then the interior gets the next push.
Don't think UOR has any incentive to push this faster or more furiously than getting it fully open for the summer 2018 season. (yeah I went there)
I agree. This is kind of a weird place for UOR right now- they literally have nothing confirmed/announced and nothing that is even being constructed right now.
We have F&F - which will be here in 10 months or less. And that's it. Normally at least 2 projects are being worked on at once. Yet here we sit with not a shovel in the ground anywhere else...
Let's get a move on it Uni- so many rumors but nothing realized yet.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I agree. This is kind of a weird place for UOR right now- they literally have nothing confirmed/announced and nothing that is even being constructed right now.
We have F&F - which will be here in 10 months or less. And that's it. Normally at least 2 projects are being worked on at once. Yet here we sit with not a shovel in the ground anywhere else...

They may be avoiding the situation they had with three projejcts occuring at the same time which may have effected why one of them wasn't fully complete on time.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn

They have a 16 story hotel they are building right now?

Like the commercial, The Pause That Refreshes....Seriously, that situation will sure be changing in a few short months.

This is not technically true. Nintendo is confirmed/announced for Universal Orlando as well as Universal Hollywood. Work just has not started yet, but it will soon enough.

They're also kind of planning a whole secondary resort for Orlando, so I get that things after next year aren't set in stone.

EDIT: Not to say I'm not...frustrated with the current mindset at Uni. But it is what it is

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and 12th Man
They have a 16 story hotel they are building right now?
Duh! Sorry - overlooked.

This is not technically true. Nintendo is confirmed/announced for Universal Orlando as well as Universal Hollywood. Work just has not started yet, but it will soon enough.
That's true- they said it is coming... one day. :D In the meantime we aren't told where (although we know), we aren't told when and nothing has started- not even a permit yet.

I think it's two-fold.
1) We're coming off a UOR that had Volcano Bay, Kong, Fallon, F&F, Toothsome, CB towers, Sapphire falls, parking/infrastructure changes- hell, even a coke robot building that ended up not being a coke robot all happening at the same time.
Now.... zzzzz.
2) Disney is building TSL and SWL in addition to the couple of hotel and infrastructure changes they are having- but moreso- they are about to have a plethora of announcements.

It's just tough to wrap my head around the massive reversal that has just taken place in such a short amount of time. It feels like this time last year I was flabergasted at how much Uni could do before Disney opened pandora. Now I'm left fearful of how little Uni could add in the time between Pandora and SWL

Duh! Sorry - overlooked.

That's true- they said it is coming... one day. :D In the meantime we aren't told where (although we know), we aren't told when and nothing has started- not even a permit yet.

I think it's two-fold.
1) We're coming off a UOR that had Volcano Bay, Fallon, F&F, Toothsome, CB towers, Sapphire falls, parking/infrastructure changes- hell, even a coke robot building that ended up not being a coke robot all happening at the same time.
Now.... zzzzz.
2) Disney is building TSL and SWL in addition to the couple of hotel and infrastructure changes they are having- but moreso- they are about to have a plethora of announcements.

It's just tough to wrap my head around the massive reversal that has just taken place in such a short amount of time. It feels like this time last year I was flabergasted at how much Uni could do before Disney opened pandora. Now I'm left fearful of how little Uni could add in the time between Pandora and SWL

The way I see it is, not everyone can go guns blazing all the time.

Either way, :topic:

You know things are dull for me on here when I am commenting in this thread. That said, it is fascinating to watch them paint the logo on the brick face. First the dark outline and the translucent inner white-wash. Now they have gone over the latter with solid scratchy white. What's next?

You know things are dull for me on here when I am commenting in this thread. That said, it is fascinating to watch them paint the logo on the brick face. First the dark outline and the translucent inner white-wash. Now they have gone over the latter with solid scratchy white. What's next?

Pressure wash it off and start over.

It's meant to have a whitewash look. It's going to look like the Oriental Warehouse building in San Francisco.