Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, this is actually pretty awful. Like, worse case scenario awful. Because I really don't think they'll be able to pull anything out of their rear-end for 2025.

And SNW Hollywood will lose all of its attention next year.

Wow...hopefully with enough events, it can tie the park over into 2026

Well how about that hotel, eh?!

Thinking more--I think it's ultimately a crap hand that I think they'll be able to bounce back from. I am personally hoping it doesn't affect when the Hotel is expected (it has been over a year since when it was permitted); and I wish they could've released a small piece of conceptual to help GP see a bit more of the coaster.

I get why it's delayed, and I am bummed; but I have to think/hope the delay puts this coaster to January 2026 at worst.

Reactions: joerodriguez
Feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread, but I think there's still some things they could feasibly do for 2025 and beyond that would remedy this situation, in order of feasability and likelihood.

1. Announce major additions for 2027, and 2028. USH is effectively where WDW was in early 2023, with little in the way of a roadmap beyond a single attraction. I think fans would generally feel better about this delay if there was some kind of North Star we could point to and draw excitement from even if smaller attractions get delayed or reveal themselves to be dissapointments.

2. Jurassic World 4 integration: Add new dinos from the film to the land, whether as walk-around characters or a simple figure within the ride's dead zones. Have Scarlett Johannson do some voice over or integrate new video segments within the queue. I'm sure their marketing budgets already account for some form of in-park integration with this new movie...

3. Bring over the interactive Fantastic Beasts from USJ (maybe co-opt some of the FJ extended queue for a dedicated creature space?)

4. New Super Nintendo World Games: I think they're already doing this, but there's still a few dead areas that could be addressed.

5. A new DreamWorks Theater show

6. Replaxe the Walking Dead flex space with Villain-Con: This might not be feasible to execute within a year depending on how much lead time they would need to gut the building and fabricate show elements.

7. New flat ride for the upper lot (bye-bye Parisian courtyard...)

Jurassic World 4 integration: Add new dinos from the film to the land, whether as walk-around characters or a simple figure within the ride's dead zones. Have Scarlett Johannson do some voice over or integrate new video segments within the queue. I'm sure their marketing budgets already account for some form of in-park integration with this new movie...
This is definitely my favorite idea you've proposed. If Marvel won't include her in any Avengers Campus rides, might as well let her be in Jurassic World. I'll take her over Chris Pratt lol. I don't agree with you about Villain-Con though, especially since that's becoming a black-box venue for HHN now. Overall though I like your ideas. Another thing I think that would help is if they completely revamp their Minions Cafe to be more like the one at USF. At the very least bring over some of the drinks/food items that's at theirs to Hollywood's, I'm sure they would sell really well over what they currently have.

Keep in mind the final part of the Saga (lol) 11 also go pushed back to 2026, so now it will open along side the coaster I assume.

But 2026 is SO lame. This is all just personal reasons but it is really a bummer actually.

It’s expensive to go to to universal studios. I can’t really afford it. I live 3 miles away, work on the backlot often (which also makes me not care at all for the studio tour as I give my self golf cart tours all time :p). I had a pass like 2011-2018 but couldn’t afford it anymore and post Pandemic I make quite a bit less money.

I’ve been waiting for something to make me pull the trigger and not renew my Knotts pass or six flags pass so I can do Uni instead. Was gonna do it for Mario but with the coaster coming I said I was gonna wait. But I’ve convinced alll my friends and gfs friends to get a pass next year so we can all go in 2025 and go for alittle and see a movie or dinner.

bummer it’s gonna be another 2 years before I go inside the gates (my choice) haha I’ve spent the last 2 years waiting for 2025 to go to universal again, and now I’m gonna have to wait another year. 0 chance I go before this coaster. Which also means the family trips planned next year is canceled too and my gfs pass and all that.

Oh well first world problems, let’s just hope the product is worth it and maybe we get more themeing than expected now.

2026 here we come….

Last edited:
Feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread, but I think there's still some things they could feasibly do for 2025 and beyond that would remedy this situation, in order of feasability and likelihood.

1. Announce major additions for 2027, and 2028. USH is effectively where WDW was in early 2023, with little in the way of a roadmap beyond a single attraction. I think fans would generally feel better about this delay if there was some kind of North Star we could point to and draw excitement from even if smaller attractions get delayed or reveal themselves to be dissapointments.

2. Jurassic World 4 integration: Add new dinos from the film to the land, whether as walk-around characters or a simple figure within the ride's dead zones. Have Scarlett Johannson do some voice over or integrate new video segments within the queue. I'm sure their marketing budgets already account for some form of in-park integration with this new movie...

3. Bring over the interactive Fantastic Beasts from USJ (maybe co-opt some of the FJ extended queue for a dedicated creature space?)

4. New Super Nintendo World Games: I think they're already doing this, but there's still a few dead areas that could be addressed.

5. A new DreamWorks Theater show

6. Replaxe the Walking Dead flex space with Villain-Con: This might not be feasible to execute within a year depending on how much lead time they would need to gut the building and fabricate show elements.

7. New flat ride for the upper lot (bye-bye Parisian courtyard...)
Honestly USH needs to release some kind of Disneyland Forward like initiative aiming to showcase future development plans for the resort.

Unfortunately due to location and geography huge expansion is kind of difficult however I’m sure they will finds ways to do so. I think that would satisfy a lot of west coast fans.

Convert supercharged into a best of universal attraction. Turn the first scene into a prop warehouse. Second scene is musion of Steven Spielberg telling you about universal‘s great history. The main showroom
takes you into a mashup of universal‘s greatest films.

Genuinely great idea. The Back to the Future proposal being tossed around on Twitter has legs, too.

We're drifting from the Furious coaster a bit, but I think we can allow some discussion of what this means for USH in 2025 given the circumstances.

Honestly, as much as this delay sucks, it could be a blessing in disguise if Universal acts on it. They could use 2025 to tackle many "smaller" things that the park could use, spread out over the year:

In time for the new Jurassic film, they could FINALLY get something in the old dancing cars location for the Studio Tour. Obviously there's rumblings that something is happening there, but they could really lean into it now next year to hype whatever it could be alongside the arrival of the movie. (And even, like mentioned earlier, add a new feature or two to the ride itself.)

If Shrek 5 ends up being announced for next year, since we know it's happening, they could FINALLY replace Kung Fu Panda with a new film, and that pent-up Shrek nostalgia people now have lined up with the release of the sequel would be a perfect storm for them to bring Shrek "home" and give the DWT a long-overdue new experience.

They could finally close up/repurpose Supercharged and replace it with something new, too, which we've all discussed ad nauseam in other threads.

Hell, I'm not a fan of Villain-Con coming here just because it's not my "thing," but it took Orlando less than a year from construction to opening, and if Hollywood wanted to bring it (or at the least the system with a different IP), it's more than feasible that they could have it open by the end of 2025. It's obviously not a "lesser" project, but it's an example of what they could do.

Jurassic and (potentially) Shrek alone provide them with a nice open door to hang their hats on for next year if need be, but they have lots of feasible options to spread things out throughout the year, like the Jurassic/dancing cars thing during spring break or Memorial Day ahead of the movie's July release (or even that July 4th weekend), a DWT replacement by summer's end/beginning of fall, etc., especially now that they have seven months of lead time still to go before 2024 is even over.

We're drifting from the Furious coaster a bit, but I think we can allow some discussion of what this means for USH in 2025 given the circumstances.
I'm gonna guess if we see movement on the hotel happening this year alongside work for Fast continue; 2025 is going to focus more on CityWalk Hollywood & Seasonal Entertainment. Maybe something Studio Tour related; but I think CW and Seasonal content is gonna be a focus.

Reactions: Wesker69
There are rumblings that The Fall Guy is being developed as a full time stunt show. But where would it go?
Honestly makes more sense as a stunt show for USH than just cloning Bourne. Personally I prefer a Fall Guy show so I like this.

The only logical place I can see it going is Simpsons. I mean that ride is gonna leave sooner or later.