Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like Intamin might try to one up Velocioaster just because this is much bigger challenge. Will that actually come through? Hm, not sure. If this ride feels as "complete" as Ghostrider (not saying the experience will be similar, dear lord no) I'd say it's a big win in my book.

Haven't ridden Velocicoaster yet so not sure how to guage what this ride could potentially feel like.

I think when we consider Universal's past two advances with Intamin, that being Hagrids (which is ALSO, a MDC Coaster) and Velocicoaster; it shows Intamin wanting to push the envelope on what is possible with the types of coasters as it is.

With this being what was essentially Mack-Rides introduction to their Extreme Spinner with Time Traveller, I think Intamin is gonna double-up on what is possible here with the X-Treme MDC's capabilities. And if that results in an experience on-par with Velocicoaster, and Gotham City Escape; but with the controlled rotations to feel like it's even more out of control; then this is gonna be on par with a must see coaster like Eejanaika, Velocicoaster, GCE, and X2.

Something you genuinely can't get anywhere else.

As long as its as forceful as Flight of the Hippogriff, I'm good ahaha. No seriously, that thing has crazy forces for Vekoma Junior. It even has a moment of ejector if you sit in the back. More thrilling than Mummy :p

The funny thing is, our Hippogriff isn't even from Vekoma! it's from Mack-Rides XD

• Wow
Reactions: Nico and Pacific
I think when we consider Universal's past two advances with Intamin, that being Hagrids (which is ALSO, a MDC Coaster) and Velocicoaster; it shows Intamin wanting to push the envelope on what is possible with the types of coasters as it is.

With this being what was essentially Mack-Rides introduction to their Extreme Spinner with Time Traveller, I think Intamin is gonna double-up on what is possible here with the X-Treme MDC's capabilities. And if that results in an experience on-par with Velocicoaster, and Gotham City Escape; but with the controlled rotations to feel like it's even more out of control; then this is gonna be on par with a must see coaster like Eejanaika, Velocicoaster, GCE, and X2.

Something you genuinely can't get anywhere else.

The funny thing is, our Hippogriff isn't even from Vekoma! it's from Mack-Rides XD
Our Flight of the Hippogriff is Mack-Rides?! WHAT??? My life is a lie, ahahaha.

Wait, this means FOTH is my first Mack Rides credit...LOL.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Our Flight of the Hippogriff is Mack-Rides?! WHAT??? My life is a lie, ahahaha.

For whatever the reason, Mack-Rides had been taken on since Hollywood for the Hippogriff coasters. Beijing has it too, and both are classified under the Young-Star model of family coasters (I wonder if comes down to safety reasons now for opting to go with the more modern model).
I think this could be up there with VelociCoaster. If we are able to rotate during that too gun stall…oh man that would take the coaster to the next level!

See--This is me with the dive loop; I really hope it forces us to go backwards for that manuver.

I really do think Intamin is going to press the insanity button and make us take the dive loop backwards. It's just too perfect of an opportunity and would be a real sight to behold.

I really do think Intamin is going to press the insanity button and make us take the dive loop backwards. It's just too perfect of an opportunity and would be a real sight to behold.

Like that stall is going to be intense no matter how you see it, especially with how high up we are going up to hit it's apex; but the Dive Loop is probably my most anticipated moment with this coaster if they make it so we take it while being faced backwards.

That feels like when paired with the booster launch that'll get us to go through it; a moment that I think is gonna be a standout alongside the final inversion.

Reactions: Nico and Pacific
Me trying to comprehend Fast & Furious Hollywood Drift potentially being as good as X2, Twisted Collosus, Medusa, Giant Dipper, and Ghostrider.

No seriously, my brain can't comprehend Hollywood getting a ride like this. I neeeeeeeed it.

The West Coast will finally get a good big scale Intamin (wtf is an Escape from Krypton or Incredicoaster? Never heard of them).
I used to think the east coast was spoiled but we been getting some cool stuff over here finally.

Reactions: Nico
Is it bad that, aside from the coaster itself, the thing I'm most excited about is the return of bathrooms to that area?
I'm just trying to wrap my head around if those bathrooms are still gonna be outside of the queue. Granted I'm not great at reading floor plans.
Me trying to comprehend Fast & Furious Hollywood Drift potentially being as good as X2, Twisted Collosus, Medusa, Giant Dipper, and Ghostrider.

No seriously, my brain can't comprehend Hollywood getting a ride like this. I neeeeeeeed it.

The West Coast will finally get a good big scale Intamin (wtf is a Escape from Krypton or Incredicoaster? Never heard of them).
I've yet to go on X2 out of being kinda scared of the ride car design, so a potentially similar experience while being fully seated sounds very interesting.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around if those bathrooms are still gonna be outside of the queue. Granted I'm not great at reading floor plans.

I've yet to go on X2 out of being kinda scared of the ride car design, so a potentially similar experience while being fully seated sounds very interesting.
X2 is insane. I went in it a year or two after the refurb and the fire effect is pretty cool when it works lol. The restraints feel safer than tastu I think it’s because ur not pushed against ur restraint as much

Reactions: BriefCasey
X2 is insane. I went in it a year or two after the refurb and the fire effect is pretty cool when it works lol. The restraints feel safer than tastu I think it’s because ur not pushed against ur restraint as much
Yeah, the Tatsu restraints are why I'm very hesitant to ride it again. Granted I don't know if there's any failsafes in it, but it looks like they're one malfunction away from someone falling to their death. Probably doesn't help that you're facing the ground with them. Yet somehow X2 doesn't seem to give that vibe from how there's most likely a seat belt in addition to the restraints and that the spin is rail controlled.

Which makes me wonder, is the rumored rotations on this ride gonna be done similarly or is that not known at the moment?

Yeah, the Tatsu restraints are why I'm very hesitant to ride it again. Granted I don't know if there's any failsafes in it, but it looks like they're one malfunction away from someone falling to their death. Probably doesn't help that you're facing the ground with them. Yet somehow X2 doesn't seem to give that vibe from how there's most likely a seat belt in addition to the restraints and that the spin is rail controlled.

Which makes me wonder, is the rumored rotations on this ride gonna be done similarly or is that not known at the moment?
Don’t know anything, but I would imagine it would be automated rotation like X2. I would imagine so because the point of the drifting gimmick is to control the direction of the noise.

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
Don’t know anything, but I would imagine it would be automated rotation like X2. I would imagine so because the point of the drifting gimmick is to control the direction of the noise.
I wonder if they came up with the drifting first, or it came out when they talked about noise levels

The drifting concept screams prototype and prototypes aren't the most reliable coasters. I'm hoping for the absolute best for this coaster, but I'm keeping my expectations in check for that reason alone.

Reactions: Rideguy70
The drifting concept screams prototype and prototypes aren't the most reliable coasters. I'm hoping for the absolute best for this coaster, but I'm keeping my expectations in check for that reason alone.
When you consider the MDC model of Objectif Mars; it's more of this being a new iteration of something that while is prototype in it being an Extreme thrill model; all of this is stuff Intamin has been using for years.

Plus, it isn't like the coaster will be doing switch tracks or backwards portions in the way coasters like Pantheon, Toutatis, or Hagrids does.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Freak

When you consider the MDC model of Objectif Mars; it's more of this being a new iteration of something that while is prototype in it being an Extreme thrill model; all of this is stuff Intamin has been using for years.

Plus, it isn't like the coaster will be doing switch tracks or backwards portions in the way coasters like Pantheon, Toutatis, or Hagrids does.
The reason why Hagrid’s and even Gringott’s had as many issues as they did was because there were a lot of special elements on those rides. Gringott’s had the tilt track and then the launch section with the Kuka arm removing part of the dome to let the trains through. Then with Hagrid’s you had the spike switch, the drop track, and five launches.

While I believe this is the first Intamin manual spin coaster to feature inversions, this is not the first, with Objectif Mars in France like Alex brought up. So I can’t imagine the inversions causing too much of a hassle.

Other than the manual rotation, this is basically going to be a pretty straightforward launch coaster with no special elements. Just two launches, a mid course, and final brake run. That’s about what VelociCoaster has and that seemed to run pretty smoothly upon opening.