Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a feeling the Simpsons will probably the next ride in the chopping block to be replaced for a new project.
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

I have a feeling the Simpsons will probably the next ride in the chopping block to be replaced for a new project.
Interesting

I don't even like to ride but, I hope not. They have time to add something else before the contract is up and then redo that area.

The park after F&F will still be wayyyyyy too low capacity for the crowds it seems to be getting now, so I really hope they have something else planned over taking out a ride just to replace it with another ride.

2024 seems pretty realistic for the ride to open when all the theming you’d need is in the queue and station and it’s not likes it’s hard to theme a fast and furious ride. Add onto that the minimal landscaping that would need to be done like adding supports or doing slight modifications to the terrain.

Pls no touchy Simpsons. Go touchy Mummy instead.
Put yourself in Universal's shoes for a second. What would be a better ride to replace? An aging simulator whose original components have been there for 30 years, is breaking down a lot, and whose structure is not extremely stable...

....or replace a somewhat aging indoor coaster that is still (and likely will be for quite some time) very popular. I think you know what they're going to decide.

I think Mummy is safe until the LA Olympics at least. Between opening F&F and trying to replace Simpsons, there's no way they're going to be able to fry those fish before the Olympics. They want as much capacity as they can get.

Because I like Simpsons.

Also, due to the location, I really have no idea what they would replace it with. Tearing down Simpsons/Back to the Future and replacing it with like a stunt show (someone brought this up prior) would be a huge downgrade in me eyes when Water World is already in the park.

Like, yeah Simpsons is probably leaving sooner than later, but I reallly don't want it to, haha. I get a bigger kick out of Simpsons than I do Mummy believe it or not.

Last edited:
Because I like Simpsons.

Also, due to the location, I really have no idea what they would replace it with. Tearing down Simpsons/Back to the Future and replacing it with like a stunt show (someone brought this up prior) would be a huge downgrade in me eyes when Water World is already in the park.

Like, yeah Simpsons is probably leaving sooner than later, but I reallly don't want it to, haha. I get a bigger kick out of Simpsons than I do Mummy believe it or not.
…how about a MMRR-style Simpsons dark ride? If you look at the original floor plans for SlOP back when it was going to be a trackless dark ride, you can basically cut-n-paste those plans on that plot and just retheme it to Simpsons.

Reactions: EnigmaticGear
Honestly, after riding the Simpsons for the first time in months yesterday, I can also say the attraction is starting to look very tired and dated. Not only is the projection some-what blurry and unclear looking, a lot of the screens don't look nearly as vibrant as they used to. Full HD in today's standards is starting to look like 720p or 480p did now that 4K the new standard. Also seems like the preshow is glitching out a lot nowadays.

But now we're getting a bit off-topic.
I do still think they should retheme the surrounding land of F&F to a generic "Los Angeles" neighborhood, or they could do something similar to Car's Land and go full-on with mechanic themeing, they could setup a gift shop for Roman with a bunch of car parts spewn about, etc, etc or something to that degree.

Universal, could make F&F and the Simpsons land into some sort of studio land.

We've talked about it before how the Simpsons restaurants are popular, and if we do get The Bourne Stuntacular where the Simpson is now they could retheme the restaurants. Make the Taco Truck/Duff Gardens into something for F&F, and then retheme Krusty/Chicken restaurant into what ever classic Universal IP's they think would draw people in/fit. Like Back to the Future, ET, or Jaws.

• Haha
Reactions: saint.piss

We've talked about it before how the Simpsons restaurants are popular, and if we do get The Bourne Stuntacular where the Simpson is now they could retheme the restaurants. Make the Taco Truck/Duff Gardens into something for F&F, and then retheme Krusty/Chicken restaurant into what ever classic Universal IP's they think would draw people in/fit. Like Back to the Future, ET, or Jaws.
The problem with that is the restaurants are popular 'because they are themed to the Simpson's', and the Simpsons have proven to be a super strong theme park IP to move food and merchandise. Keeping the restaurants and theming it to another IP, though strong in Film circles, may not have that special formula that will be able to come close to what the Simpson's bring on the food and merch. front. Chemistry is often difficult to repeat.

Last edited:
The problem with that is the restaurants are popular 'because they are themed to the Simpson's', and the Simpsons have proven to be a super strong theme park IP to move food and merchandise. Keeping the restaurants and theming it to another IP, though strong in Film circles, may not have that special formula that will be able to come close to what the Simpson's bring on the food and merch. front. Chemistry is often difficult to repeat.
I mean, many restaurants at Citywalk/USH get busy with or without themes

I also think if the improve the food (I can't really eat at either now, because I find both just very sub par food for the price) that could help bring people in.

I'm just throwing out an idea of what the area could be without Simpsons/Potter/Nintendo

If I was running things for sure it would be a rethemed area to Potter/Nintendo, unless Universal is open to another Minions area/Jurassic because those are the only other IPS that could draw as many people but if Universal just wants a classic Studio area then I think something themed to classic films should work pretty well.

Also i hope they wider the walk ways when and if they redo the land.

Considering the size of the Simpsons Ride plot, an actual attraction like a dark ride would be a far better investment than a stage show. If they wanted to they could even expand into the tram stop for a Simpsons replacement.