Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
funny how times have changed. Last time I went on CBJ the theater was half empty, and it was a pretty busy day.

Small World is probably the only "E-ticket" ride in FL as far as scope, but it's not the most popular, so.. who cares?

You wouldn't consider Dumbo an E-ticket but people line up for miles for that ride. Peter Pan is actually a great dark ride, it's just a shame it's so short.

I guess my point is, all this E-ticket, D-ticket discussion is complete nonsense to the average theme park visitor. Typically the kids choose what rides the parents go on in Fantasy land, which is kind of the point.

funny how times have changed. Last time I went on CBJ the theater was half empty, and it was a pretty busy day.

Small World is probably the only "E-ticket" ride in FL as far as scope, but it's not the most popular, so.. who cares?

You wouldn't consider Dumbo an E-ticket but people line up for miles for that ride. Peter Pan is actually a great dark ride, it's just a shame it's so short.

I guess my point is, all this E-ticket, D-ticket discussion is complete nonsense to the average theme park visitor. Typically the kids choose what rides the parents go on in Fantasy land, which is kind of the point.
You can't compare the lines for Dumbo and Small World though. The capacities are completely different. And Dumbo rarely gets huge lines these days with the second spinner and inside queue area anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks using "E tickets" to describe a ride is very outdated? With technology changing every day, what were once E's become D's. Hell everybody says little mermaid is a D ticket yet of it came out around the time E tickets were still around I'd be a F ticket. I'll just call them by their actual classification such as "dark ride" or "3D show" but hey to each their own

yes, it's definitly an out dated term. Especially when you consider how long ago individual tickets were actually used. Dumbo's lone is definitely more then just capacity issues, and trust me despite the two spinners, the line is still very long, usually a lot longer then Aladdin.

that's actually just what they look like when you use a flash camera. You can see the face is working in the photo if you look close enough.

I'm not upset by it, just think it looks really weird

- - - Updated - - -

that's actually just what they look like when you use a flash camera. You can see the face is working in the photo if you look close enough.

Oh ok cool!!! Thanks for the info, still strange though, wonder what that show scene would look like with all the faces off though

Things break down...I dont understand why its the end of the world. Occasionally I'll ride the Mummy when the Imhotep animatronic isnt working, nobody freaks out about that.

Well that would be every ride :lol:...
The dwarves are quite creepy without faces..as we figured they would be

Have any of you had that moment on journey to Atlantis where the guy at the door appears for a literal second then disappears? I laugh so hard everytime that happens

So in other words, take a flash photo and you get a dwarf in black face. That should make releasing Song of the South on DVD seem tame now!

So in other words, take a flash photo and you get a dwarf in black face. That should make releasing Song of the South on DVD seem tame now!

So want this. I hate that splash mountain is based on a movie that never existed even though it won several awards.

It's incredibly boring, bought a DVD rip a long time ago and it's not worth your time. Cartoon segments are some of the best in disneys history but everything else is way too overrated. Besides the tar baby (got I hate saying that) I never really found most of it racist anyways

Its one of my favorite disney movies of all time. The characters were amazing and it was an absolute wonder in its time I'm sure. I saw it in the theaters so maybe there is some nostalgia there but the brer cast is a wonderful set of creatures. It took them half a century to come back to the south and honestly none of the new characters hold a candle to them.

Ok FINALLY went on mine train last night during MNSSHP and it was a lot of fun. It was suprisingly way faster than I imagined and whipped you around quite a bit. The dark ride segment was also pretty great even though the projection mapped faces looked off. They were obviously screens and it just didn't look right even with their fluid movements. Maybe it was the projection quality but whatever. But overall I thought it was fun, made new fantasyland feel way more complete but not memorable enough to be a stand alone attraction

I went on SDMT October 7th at night and really enjoyed the ride. The AA's were great overall and I really enjoyed the coaster segments as well. I only waited half an hour, so it felt worth my time. If I had waited over an hour I probably would have felt ripped off.