Extra Hours Survey | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Extra Hours Survey

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A lot of times IOA is bought out. The buying out of parks is a bad habit that UOR needs to fix.
From my experience as a yellow shirt (event guide) there, it was always MSHI or WWoHP that was bought out. The club area of CityWalk gets bought out a lot and WWoHP and the New York section of USF gets bought out quite a bit too.

It's great as an employee to get paid to do virtually nothing but wave a wand all night and give directions, but it just felt like they do it way too much. I'm fine with having the parks bought out if you do it after hours like Disney does. I just don't like it affecting the guest who paid to get a full experience and they're being cheated of that because UOR is chasing the big money.

They absolutely need to extend hours and cut back on the buyouts, in my opinion. Was there last October and though it definitely wasn't summer crowds, there were healthy crowds that could've supported hours well past 7.

As I mentioned in another thread, buyouts (Which I was fortunate to not expect) are one thing if they happen rarely and mostly after hours, but if I was onsite and a park closed really early for a buyout, especially as regularly as they do at Universal, I would be extremely unhappy.

Universal is making a lot of great strides in being a great competitor to Disney, but there are a few simple changes that could be easily made, which make me scratch my head as to why they haven't yet...