Express Passes | Inside Universal Forums

Express Passes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 27, 2014
Hi all.

About to book print-at-home tickets and Express passes, but a bit confused by Universal's site and want to to be sure I get it right. Booking from UK but on US site

We want one day in IOA, one in Studios, not bothered for hopping, and we want to have an Express pass for both days. There will be three of us, all classed as adults as my daughter is 12.

So, I'm going online to get 3 single-park 2-day tickets, then on the next page, for Express pass, I'm ticking the 'both parks' option and then selecting 3 passes, then 2 days, then choosing the dates.

Am I getting this right? The price more than doubles when I add the Express Passes, making them more expensive than the actual tickets, that's what's making me doubt myself!

I found that by adding separate passes for the individual parks, rather than ticking 'both parks', I saved a little, but is it right that the express passes cost more than the tickets?

Finally, we're going in the last week of July, three weeks after Diagon Alley opens - is there any chance Express Passes will be available in the park on the day?

Thanks in advance folks

Andy

I am not sure how you could purchase an express pass for each park online. You may need to call, unless someone else on the forum knows another way. The Express passes are park and date specific, and the prices very with the season. It is possible for them to be more expensive than admission on a per day basis, with a multi-day ticket. You may want to look into the onsite Deluxe hotels which include free Express passes each day for all guests. If you compare them to surrounding hotels make sure to factor in the price of Express with the stay.

Im not sure about the Express Pass, but you should get multi-park tickets. For one thing, this allows you to ride Hogwarts Express which is supposed to be quite the attraction. Also, its very possible to get one park (particularly IOA) done in half a day with Express Pass, meaning parkhopping is probably a more effective use of your time, at least in my opinion.

I really have no idea but I am 100% guessing here that what you want for express is one park if you are only getting one park tickets. My guess is that the Express would be good for the park you visit that day on your day ticket.

Again I am only guessing, but I think the two park express is for when you have a ticket that allows two parks in one day so the Express could be used in both parks both days....again I am just speculating here as I have never purchased Express online.

I really have no idea but I am 100% guessing here that what you want for express is one park if you are only getting one park tickets. My guess is that the Express would be good for the park you visit that day on your day ticket.

Again I am only guessing, but I think the two park express is for when you have a ticket that allows two parks in one day so the Express could be used in both parks both days....again I am just speculating here as I have never purchased Express online.

It is true that they should only have the one park Express passes if they have one park tickets, they are priced differently than the 2 park Express pass. But the website does not give the option for one Express pass for each park, you can pick USF, IoA, or both along with the number of days. For example you could pick USF for 2 days, but not USF for 1 day and IoA for 1 day.

I guess it could be done it 2 separate transactions. Purchase the tickets and Express for one park in one transaction, then go thru again and just buy Express for the other park. Make sure to pick the right dates and park.

Im not sure about the Express Pass, but you should get multi-park tickets. For one thing, this allows you to ride Hogwarts Express which is supposed to be quite the attraction. Also, its very possible to get one park (particularly IOA) done in half a day with Express Pass, meaning parkhopping is probably a more effective use of your time, at least in my opinion.

I also agree with this, you can do your favorite rides on both days.

There is a discount if you bundle 2 Park passes with Express:

https://tickets.universalorlando.com/Ticket-Store/PurchaseTickets.aspx?VIP

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Drackman