Eulogies for Jaws | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Eulogies for Jaws

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I never knew this was here so I wanna post my own Eulogy...

JAWS---How I remember you from the early 90's. I did not get to experience much of you the first time I rode as a child because I simply could not hold back the pure terror that was before me (I cried like a baby...I was like 6 ok...). But after that moment I remember growing to love and cherish you no matter how corny your guides were or how predictable you had become; you were my favorite. I remember your tilting, your blue seats, and black robotic eyes. But most importantly I remember the very last time I saw you. It was a rainy day and you were not operating...My sisters decided to go and wait for the Simpson's and while I waited in the queue I watched you for 60 minutes praying and hoping the rain would pass so I could sit in that boat once more. To my distress you never did open again that day and I left the park a soaked, depressed 19 year old. A few months later I learned that you were being uprooted and removed from the park and I was sincerely crushed. Not only was my favorite ride being replaced but I had not been given the chance to ride you once more. To this day I still sit in sadness and continue to think upon you with every ounce of nostalgia in my heart. JAWS, thanks for the cries, the laughs, the screams, and thoughts of certain death. I miss you and will always cherish you as my favorite of all time. Thanks for the memories.

RIP

So I never knew this was here so I wanna post my own Eulogy...

JAWS---How I remember you from the early 90's. I did not get to experience much of you the first time I rode as a child because I simply could not hold back the pure terror that was before me (I cried like a baby...I was like 6 ok...). But after that moment I remember growing to love and cherish you no matter how corny your guides were or how predictable you had become; you were my favorite. I remember your tilting, your blue seats, and black robotic eyes. But most importantly I remember the very last time I saw you. It was a rainy day and you were not operating...My sisters decided to go and wait for the Simpson's and while I waited in the queue I watched you for 60 minutes praying and hoping the rain would pass so I could sit in that boat once more. To my distress you never did open again that day and I left the park a soaked, depressed 19 year old. A few months later I learned that you were being uprooted and removed from the park and I was sincerely crushed. Not only was my favorite ride being replaced but I had not been given the chance to ride you once more. To this day I still sit in sadness and continue to think upon you with every ounce of nostalgia in my heart. JAWS, thanks for the cries, the laughs, the screams, and thoughts of certain death. I miss you and will always cherish you as my favorite of all time. Thanks for the memories.

RIP

That was nicely written! I'm sorry you weren't able to experience it a final time. :embarassed:

Hey, never knew this page existed either, but yes, Jaws was a great ride. One of my favorites at the whole resort, after Jurassic Park. I never really got a chance to say goodbye, either, for I did not know about its closure when I last rode it :'(
London/Diagon Alley will have some pretty big... well, whatever sharks would wear on their tail fins, to fill. I dearly miss the ride and all of Amity, and hope that like Kong, Jaws may one day be reincarnated to attack me and countless others once again, possibly in a (rumored) third gate of the near future...

Anytime Jaws is mentioned, you get an uproar. It was a popular ride that people were passionate about. But as long as the Diagon Alley stuff is fun and exciting, then I'll be happy. I don't rage over Kong because Mummy is an awesome fun ride. I also never thought BttF was that great so replacing it with Simpsons didn't bother me. The whole new Springfield look is better for the park too.

It sucks to say, but losing classic rides is a part of theme parks. Especially when you lack the land to expand like Universal does. I'll miss Jaws, but Uni has done nothing but top notch work since adding Potter to IOA so I'll trust them on this.

Jaws was without a doubt a wonderful attraction. It had it all, memorable scenes, fun skippers, great scenery detail, everything. It truly put you right in the middle of one of the greatest thrillers of all time. While I understand that its closure was a "necessary loss", that does not stop it from being a very sad thing to lose.

But who knows, if the King can get a comeback, maybe one day the big shark will terrorize people yet again in a whole new way...

But who knows, if the King can get a comeback, maybe one day the big shark will terrorize people yet again in a whole new way...

I might be in the minority here, but I hope not. Sure, Jaws was a fun ride but I don't want Universal reopening every "classic" ride that got replaced. All good things must come to an end. I'd rather a bunch of new rides based on new IPs.

Two years ago today I was lucky enough to be on the second to last tour of jaws and thought i would post a picture of my map every skipper I could find signed. Thanks again to all the skippers that made it such a memorable experience and to all those that were kind enough to sign it.

^ Now that's uber dork and freaking awesome!

^ Now that's uber dork and freaking awesome!

Thanks HTF!! It was a really great day at the park and we didn't plan to get signatures. We were sitting at Chez Alcatraz after our first ride on Jaws that day and there happened to be a couple off hour skippers hanging around near there and one of them said a kid asked them to sign their Bruce doll. Only having my park map, I quickly decided this would be the new goal of the day. It was amazing seeing how much all of the skippers cared about the attraction and unfortunately more than a few tears were shed when I approached many of them.

I am sure I am missing a couple signatures and if anyone wants to give me an awesome late Christmas present, I would be happy to take it out of the frame to have any of the skippers who worked that day or Aiello sign it. :doggie:

I might be in the minority here, but I hope not. Sure, Jaws was a fun ride but I don't want Universal reopening every "classic" ride that got replaced. All good things must come to an end. I'd rather a bunch of new rides based on new IPs.

You're probably in the minority.

While not all ride systems were newest and greatest, the franchises of King Kong, Jaws, and Back to the Future are timeless. I would have no problem with Universal if they decided to build new attractions based off of those IPs.

I miss Jaws, and without it the Studios park is lacking a water ride. I hope there are plans for one in the near future.

You're probably in the minority.

While not all ride systems were newest and greatest, the franchises of King Kong, Jaws, and Back to the Future are timeless. I would have no problem with Universal if they decided to build new attractions based off of those IPs.

I miss Jaws, and without it the Studios park is lacking a water ride. I hope there are plans for one in the near future.

There isn't a whole lot of room left for a boat ride anymore, I think your best bet is Fievel's slide or jumping in the lagoon.