E.T. Adventure | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same i'll keep an eye out for kong body parts on mummy.

There are absolutely no Kong body parts still in the Mummy building. Kingeric was talking about the possibility of them being in the old Hard Rock Cafe which is now closed.

there are pieces to kongfrontation inside the mummy building which you can see if you look hard enough. the track is still attached in some places
There indeed are, what they were talking about were pieces of the actual Kong animatronic though, not of the general ride.

there are pieces to kongfrontation inside the mummy building which you can see if you look hard enough. the track is still attached in some places

But keep in mind if you look hard enough you can see anything you want to see. A lot of HHN houses come to mind and most recently UO Hints, or whatever they called it.

Also, this is way off topic from ET.

But keep in mind if you look hard enough you can see anything you want to see. A lot of HHN houses come to mind and most recently UO Hints, or whatever they called it.

Also, this is way off topic from ET.
Umm... no. There really are pieces of Kong's track still in place in Mummy. They had to leave it, since it's attached to the ceiling, and to take it down would mean that they would have to remove the ceiling as well. Although you are right, this has nothing to do with ET.

I don't think a little thread drift is a problem. To my understanding the kong track IS still attached to the ceiling out of necessity (as TSSD pointed out). There were rumors that pieces of Kong were lying on the floor of the soundstage at times (in the coaster & Brendan Fraisier sections), which proved to be false, though I believe they do store some other ride vehicles down there occasionally.

Now there's a rumor I'd never heard before - that pieces of Kong are sitting in the old Hard Rock Cafe, which I find a bit hard to believe. Considering the building is being offered for filmed demolition, why store things in a building that's likely about to fall apart? There are plenty of more stable facilities to store Universal's old props... and perhaps more critically, why would Universal want to store Kong anyway? They already sold off the fur, and most of his innards were airbags, so unless they kept the head or something for nostalgia's sake I don't see the point...

Umm... no. There really are pieces of Kong's track still in place in Mummy. They had to leave it, since it's attached to the ceiling, and to take it down would mean that they would have to remove the ceiling as well. Although you are right, this has nothing to do with ET.

I wasn't implying that they weren't there. I know they are. He just said "if you look hard enough" which I felt it needed to be pointed out that if you look hard enough you can see anything you want to see.

Anyone see Super 8? Those explosions were bad-ass. And the movie was pretty solid. If something were to replace E.T. I could see it being Super 8 based. The feel of the movies fit rather well together and I would love to see a ride based on that. I could even outline scenes that would fit in E.T.s but I won't spoil the movie for people since it just came out.

Anyone see Super 8? Those explosions were bad-ass. And the movie was pretty solid. If something were to replace E.T. I could see it being Super 8 based. The feel of the movies fit rather well together and I would love to see a ride based on that. I could even outline scenes that would fit in E.T.s but I won't spoil the movie for people since it just came out.

I really don't think it could happen. E.T. is in a kids area and it's a family attraction. I think Super 8 could be too scary. It doesn't have a lovable character like E.T. in the movie either. Super 8 is a great movie, but it's still no E.T.

ET be replaced? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Now there's a rumor I'd never heard before - that pieces of Kong are sitting in the old Hard Rock Cafe, which I find a bit hard to believe. Considering the building is being offered for filmed demolition, why store things in a building that's likely about to fall apart? There are plenty of more stable facilities to store Universal's old props... and perhaps more critically, why would Universal want to store Kong anyway? They already sold off the fur, and most of his innards were airbags, so unless they kept the head or something for nostalgia's sake I don't see the point...

I could of sworn Universal at some point or another confirmed part of one Kong animatronic was hidden away in a warehouse somewhere but I could be mistaken.

Are we sure the creature isn't just ET pissed because they won't let him get home in Super 8?

Actually, it is because Mulder and Scully weren't the ones who discovered his true existence. :look:

It's definitely trippy and all the mini ET's creep me out.

PS My friend and I went to Universal last October and it was her first time at the parks. She totally didn't want to ride E.T. as she's had a fear of him since she was little. I ended up dragging her on and she said it was scarier than HHN.

I never noticed this Photo-Op before!!
(This is my little brother)

img0248ud.jpg