Disney's NYE Announcement? | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's NYE Announcement?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 7, 2016
What do you think Disney will announce on New Year’s Eve? Hopefully it’s not about a new DVC resort or a Dole Whip flavor lol. Someone on X formally known as twitter said that they should do a paid 24 hour event, next year is leap year after all.

Has there been an announcement that there will be an announcement or is this just being hopeful/projecting?

Disney Plus will not have 10 tiers each costing more then the last .......happy 2024

I would not hold my breathe for much, D23 will be the next time we hear some big coming to WDW

I did some looking back and One More Disney Day (the first 24 hour event in 2012) was announced on New Years Eve during the same program so that’s definitely a good possibility.

If they do it, it wouldn’t be on the leap day I don’t think as there is an after hours event Feb 29 at Magic Kingdom. Maybe they’d do it at the beginning of the summer as they have in later years.

I did some looking back and One More Disney Day (the first 24 hour event in 2012) was announced on New Years Eve during the same program so that’s definitely a good possibility.

If they do it, it wouldn’t be on the leap day I don’t think as there is an after hours event Feb 29 at Magic Kingdom. Maybe they’d do it at the beginning of the summer as they have in later years.
You may be right. Summer has become soft over the years and 2024 is looking to be very quiet.

Well, obviously the “news” was never going to be anything big.

Meanwhile, I got some new years news for Disney about Steamboat Willie…