Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^^^haha. So true.

But I hear they are gonna cover the side facing PP with rockwork and possibly a waterfall. I am not expecting anything cool on the side facing Katella Ave.

Last edited:
Um. What are they planning on doing for the backside of that?

thats a good question, o.0 --- I have no idea..........Even though it's similar to test track, I believe the atmosphere is whats gonna set it apart. Your going to be racing with another car, which makes it more exciting and speeding along the curves of the terrain must be cool.

Here is one of the latest updates- http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.php?updateCD=062711

Last edited:
You're still off. By hundreds of millions of dollars.

Yes, I'm being completely serious, and this is coming from someone inside the project.

And from everything I heard...the ride ain't worth it. It'll be good, don't get me wrong. but...it's still just Test Track with a fancy coat of paint and a few AAs.

And this is exactly why Disney Imagineering is so much like the Federal Government. To much fat and a lot of middlemen that want there cut. Ask a local carpenter to build a wooden shed and it will run you $ 4K including labor. Ask the government to build you the same shed and look for it to cost 25K.

Carsland Virtual Tour

[video=youtube;Pt_9rujHJBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pt_9rujHJBo[/video]

Am I the only one who thinks it looks incredibly boring? I mean I know the movie took place in a desert landscape and I know that once there are details and people there it will seem more kinetic but geesh. It just looks like "waiting for next building, waiting"

I am not trying to sound negative and sorry but everything right down to the virtual tour seeming like some custom Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 work looks meh to me.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks incredibly boring? I mean I know the movie took place in a desert landscape and I know that once there are details and people there it will seem more kinetic but geesh. It just looks like "waiting for next building, waiting"

I am not trying to sound negative and sorry but everything right down to the virtual tour seeming like some custom Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 work looks meh to me.

It's not just you. I was like so... it looks barren. :lol: I guess we have to wait for the finished product.

This is just a basic rendering; I agree that it looks barren and dull, but it's most definitely going to be lively and active once it's open. If you really want to get excited, you'll have to live it. Then again, I was basically convulsing with joy when WWoHP's fly-through came out, and this did nothing really...

This is just a basic rendering; I agree that it looks barren and dull, but it's most definitely going to be lively and active once it's open. If you really want to get excited, you'll have to live it. Then again, I was basically convulsing with joy when WWoHP's fly-through came out, and this did nothing really...

Well the WWoHP was the WWoHP. Wait a second. You were only "convulsing with joy"? You didn't die????

Look at this pic from disneygeek.net ...... WOW !!!!!!!! And some of you guys are comparing it to test track. :doh:
IMG_4908.jpg

Here's a complete update of disneyland--- http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=1&update_dir=2011_07_02.

Last edited:
Well it is the same ride system with very similar effect elements and ideas. Test track with two lanes and tons of theming. We don't know how well the inside will truly be, or how well it will work.

and as far as an early rendering goes...Potter had a cgi rendering long before it opened and that was nothing but exciting.

I just want to see how intricate the dark ride portions are. That alone will either put it next to or beyond Test Track.

Well the WWoHP was the WWoHP. Wait a second. You were only "convulsing with joy"? You didn't die????

No, I did, I just have various ways of dying. I could even write a book on it.

Also, the thing that appeals to me most about this expansion is not Cars Land but the entrance area. I really can't wait to see that Carthay Circle Theatre built!

No, I did, I just have various ways of dying. I could even write a book on it.

Also, the thing that appeals to me most about this expansion is not Cars Land but the entrance area. I really can't wait to see that Carthay Circle Theatre built!

While I am super excited for Carsland, I have to agree that the Buena Vista street entry corridor is a very important part of turning the park around. The original entrance was VERY cool IF you stood in exactly the right spot and had someone explain that it is supposed to look like a postcard. Needless to say, it was totally lost on 99.9% of the people who went to the park. To most people it was just a disjointed sterile mess with a big titanium hubcap.

The new entrance corridor will go a long way at making the park inviting.

While I am super excited for Carsland, I have to agree that the Buena Vista street entry corridor is a very important part of turning the park around. The original entrance was VERY cool IF you stood in exactly the right spot and had someone explain that it is supposed to look like a postcard. Needless to say, it was totally lost on 99.9% of the people who went to the park. To most people it was just a disjointed sterile mess with a big titanium hubcap.

The new entrance corridor will go a long way at making the park inviting.
Is it sad that I never even got that?

It looks so much better at night.
[video=youtube;f7rXn1kXnyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7rXn1kXnyQ[/video]