Disney World Voted Top 10 Most Disappointing Vacation | Inside Universal Forums

Disney World Voted Top 10 Most Disappointing Vacation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
V.I.P. Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
http://www.smartertravel.com/photo-...ointing-destinations-in-the-world.html?id=713

From article:

Walt Disney World, Florida
Paying $99 per day to be trapped in a park surrounded by other peoples' children and fully grown adults who like Disney? No thanks. Even a bottle of water will run you $2.50 once you're within reach of the Mouse's greedy grasp. And if you're thinking about purchasing a "specialty" cocktail to numb the pain of being at Disney World, you'll have to shell out $8.50 per drink.

Its more of a picture collage of places they say are disappointing, but pretty funny all the least.

Its by no means a relaxing trip that is for sure, so if someone goes into thinking it is they are in for a huge shock :lol:

Thinking about though, $8.50 isnt all that bad for a drink and probably pretty average compared to going out anywhere in my area.

Last edited:
What cheap ass wrote that article? A $2.50 bottle of water and an $8.50 cocktail is pretty good if you ask me. Have they ever been to a movie theater? Or.. anywhere?

While it's a badly written article, the sentiment is popular, and I don't blame people. Theme parks are NOT for everyone, nor are they relaxing.

And if you don't know what you're doing, it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't all that enjoyable.

While I agree with all of you, adults who like theme parks aren't freaks but man I saw tons of man children when I went a couple weeks ago to MK. I'm not judgmental but if you are waiting in line to see pooh bear by yourself to show him your pooh shirt when there are children in the line behind you, please grow up and get a job. I'm sorry but it needs to be said

You know all the places he mentioned, if you don't go in understanding what it is, then you are not going to like it. They aren't your typical, Beach, snow, nature types of vacations that everyone knows what to expect. It just was a garbage article all together.

The majority of people I know HATE going to Orlando. The only reason they go is for their kids and they never do enough planning up front (probably because they dont enjoy it). Half the fun we have in our household is planning all we are going to do. Its very easy to see why people would be very disappointment after a Disney trip. Most of time though it really is their own fault for not planning accordingly.

Totally agree with all of you, people plan their Disney vacations years in advance because they are that complicated. If you just wing it expect for a long frustrating day. You gotta plan

So what are you guys trying to say? Just because I'm not a kid I'm not allowed to enjoy a theme park?

I go for the immersion, the foods and some of the rides. Will I EVER wait in line for a meet and greet...HECK NO...but I love theme parks. :cheers: :lol:

So what are you guys trying to say? Just because I'm not a kid I'm not allowed to enjoy a theme park?

I go for the immersion, the foods and some of the rides. Will I EVER wait in line for a meet and greet...HECK NO...but I love theme parks. :cheers: :lol:
Hell no you aren't a freak, nobody on this site is a freak (that's saying something looking at other theme park forums) it's just some people take it to far. I was in line with my 3 year old little brother to see chip and dale a couple weeks ago and this woman in front of us who looked around 30 was all by herself decked in chipmunk gear. She started playing with the chipmunks almost in a flirty way showing them her shirt and then walked away. It made everybody in the line uncomfortable including my brother XD, it's all fun and games until you turn 18, then you gotta grow up and stop freaking children out

Divorced Dad here, been taking my son to Orlando since 2003...he's 17 now. Always stay onsite at universal, trips to Disney we're such a chore fun but exhausting and we never got on all the rides we wanted leaving a little dissappointed, hot and tired. But universal is so different, it is very relaxing staying onsite with front of line access able to go back and forth to the parks, city walk and the hotel.We've never stayed at a Disney resort, maybe that would change my opinion, but we are so comfortable with universal that it feels like home.

Honestly, Disney isn't my top choice for many reasons. Shoreweb stated it best when he said disappointing, hot, and tiring. I mean sure no theme park is relaxing or cool, especially in the Florida heat but…Disney is just not worth the money when it comes to having to deal with the crowds, outdated rides, and steep prices…I definitely don't agree that Disney is one of the worst vacation destinations…but I do say it wouldn't be my first choice.

Well, among theme park resort destinations, I think we can all agree it's one of the best so that's all that really matters.