Disney Parks Monstrous Summer! | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Parks Monstrous Summer!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm surprised they haven't utilized projections on Spaceship Earth before.

WESH: Disney to unveil more Fantasyland plans

http://www.wesh.com/themeparks/disney/disney-to-unveil-more-fantasyland-plans/-/14183226/19888000/-/14r7p1/-/index.html

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube_share;K2Y0H7NINQ4]http://youtu.be/K2Y0H7NINQ4[/video]

Interesting note to that. Over on wdwmagic talking about the tag line "If you haven't been here latley, you haven't been" one of the posters stated they liked it and another posted:
Same here. Hasn't gotten old yet like Universal's "Vacation Like You Mean It."

So the tag line that has been around for a number of years hasn't gotten old, like the brand new one....... sometimes I hate people.

They are really going to milk this New Fantasyland dry!

Coming to New Fantasyland in 2016 . . . . new baby changing stations and a deluxe muli level stroller parking garage!

Last edited:
Interesting note to that. Over on wdwmagic talking about the tag line "If you haven't been here latley, you haven't been" one of the posters stated they liked it and another posted:

So the tag line that has been around for a number of years hasn't gotten old, like the brand new one....... sometimes I hate people.

It's WDWMagic. That's all you need to know.

"Been there. Haven't done that."

Basically, we haven't really built anything since the last time you were here, but maybe you missed stuff at China or didn't see LMA. COME BACK PLEASE!

What time is the announcement?

- - - Updated - - -

"Been there. Haven't done that."

Basically, we haven't really built anything since the last time you were here, but maybe you missed stuff at China or didn't see LMA. COME BACK PLEASE!

And its funny they show LMA and that is rumored to be on the chopping block :lol:

I'm surprised they haven't utilized projections on Spaceship Earth before.

Well, technically they always have with the laser projection of the spinning globe on SSE following the lagoon show.

But I get what you're saying with "this" kind of projection. Would be nice to project what's on the lagoon globe simultaneously on SSE so people that can't get a good viewing depot can see. Even with a good spot, it's still difficult to see what's going on.

I'm still hoping for a WoC-style revamp of Illuminations.

Simple solution: Go to Universal in the morning for a soft opening on Transformers, go hop on Antarctica in the afternoon, then hit MK for the all night event.

Hmmm...that actually sounds fun...

This should be at two parks regardless of location.
Obviously Epcot would be the second park as it has easiest access between parks and they can sell the hell out of booze there. If they were to do that though, they would need to do a NYE type set up with dance parties in different countries etc. to keep people entertained. Not saying I wouldn't love that, as I love Epcot on NYE, I just don't see the crowds to justify keeping both parks open 24 hours (maybe i'm wrong?), not to mention it takes 30 minutes AT LEAST to get from park to park, so ease of access isn't what it is in California.

Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom Park in 2014

For many guests, a visit to a Disney Park wouldn’t be complete without catching a parade. Whether it’s the thrill of seeing which Disney character comes up next, or that moment when your favorite character waves right at you, there’s just something magical about a Disney parade.

Today, we’re happy to share that a new procession, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade, will march into Magic Kingdom Park in spring 2014.

The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will bring a celebration of New Fantasyland to Main Street, U.S.A., through fantastic and innovative new parade floats, vibrant costumes, and an original soundtrack that will feature beloved songs from favorite Disney films, plus a parade theme song.

This parade will specifically highlight the stories of “The Little Mermaid,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Dumbo,” “Pinocchio,” “Peter Pan,” “Tangled” and the Disney●Pixar film “Brave” among others. (Check out a sneak peek of the “Tangled”-themed float above).
Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future coverage of the development of this new parade.

The new floats look pretty cool actually IMO.

Last edited:
This should be at two parks regardless of location.

I'm with you in theory. But there are a lot of reasons 2 parks makes more sense on the west coast.
- Last time they had a HUGE line outside when the park hit capacity, no one was leaving.
- Their parks are right next to each other.
- There is more to do in California Adventure they any of the 3 other parks (including all the dance parties and what not they will set up)
- I know the above one will irritate some people because of EPCOT, but from a corporate liability standpoint 24 hours of drinking is not an attraction, and would probably be discouraged.
- Also on the EPCOT front, most guests (not passholders) hate the world showcase because it's "boring"

So got e-mail as a pass holder and yep, monorail covering, 24 hour event hosted by Monster characters, extra meet n greets of monster characters in studios, and discounts to the movie coming out.

What is interesting the the 24 hour event it says select rides will be open including NFL. Interesting that with the crowds they won't have everything open for the 24 hour event.