Disney Annual Pass Struture and Pricing Change | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Annual Pass Struture and Pricing Change

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You guys are being immature. Dont whine about things that are expensive being only for "rich people". Going to theme parks is a luxury, not a necessity of life. If you want to get a Disney annual pass, you do a thing called saving your money and prioritizing your budget. And it'll be all the more worth it when the parks are less busy all the time.
Hahahaha!!!!!! You think DHS is a "luxury" product? I want what you're smoking!

I respect what you're saying, and I get it, but it's not unacceptable at all. It's the basic laws of economics. It's supply and demand curve. Given Disney's insane crowds, their current price point clearly wasn't at equilibrium. So Econ 101 dictates that they up the price.
Price point or capacity issues? This crowding issue is a mess Disney made out of arrogance and greed. They haven't added significant additional capacity to The MK since 1992. Now guest satisfaction is nose diving because of the crowds. They should have built to keep up with demand, but they didn't. They smugly and arrogantly took pride in increasing profits by cutting amenities and no capital investments. Now the place is a complete cluster **** and since it takes Disney 7 years (concept to completion) to add attractions, they have absolutely no other options than to actively run off paying customers. Business Econ 101 will tell you that tha is a mind bogglingly bad business model. Particularly when guest satisfaction is plummeting.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking that it would be cool if Uni announced a discount on their APs, no matter how slight or long. It might make Disney look like scum. :)
Too bad the reality is that Uni's AP / parking will likely be increased by the end of this month instead.

this may be the biggest mistake in recent Disney history.The parks are crowded from tourist and not locals and on top of that now the off season is going to be making a lot less because they just chased off a lot off locals.Yes this would work in California but Florida is not California.

YEAHHHHH parking went up!
A nice and round shiny 20 bucks to park your car on a piece of concrete in the full sun with the service of being tossed around in a tram I waited for 30 minutes. I love it, it's magical! Thank you Disney Company for another wise choice.
Can't wait to buy the limited pin and cup cake to commemorate this multiple price hike, so excited!

Reactions: Stitchie and UNIrd
Yeah, I was thinking that it would be cool if Uni announced a discount on their APs, no matter how slight or long. It might make Disney look like scum. :)
zero chance of that happening....in fact I would expect an increase shortly by universal

also, the only way they ever lower these prices is for people to stop buying them
pretty simple

Reactions: Nick
Wow, I just went back and looked at the prices. What a rip off! The Silver pass is the only one that is reasonable. Blackout dates don't bother me at all because I hate crazy busy parks. June through Aug 11 is a sweat pit and busy and is just plain stupid. Select Plan also appears a good value.

Last edited:
With spiraling AP passes for the Mouse and Uni's following suit as well, this is good news for SEAS.
Not really, I mean Sea World isn't even really too many people's agenda when they go to Orlando. And with Mako coming next year, I wouldn't put it past Sea World to up their prices soon too.

If you guys think these prices are a ripoff, you should check what the Disneyland prices went up to. It's insane, makes the WDW prices look like a steal.

Seriously. WDW's price hike is pretty standard, albeit a few months earlier than expect. Disneyland's straight up says, "We want you out."

Seriously. WDW's price hike is pretty standard, albeit a few months earlier than expect. Disneyland's straight up says, "We want you out."
I'm actually not surprised at the timing. I'm pretty sure last year they did two price hikes in the same year as well.

Bigger than the actual jump in price is that the benefits don't really justify the cost, nor is there really a big difference in benefits between Gold/Platinum/Platinum Plus. Any of these types of perks would've been nice to see (mostly speaking to the Platinum Plus Pass):

- Loyalty program
- Free mini golf (even if just a round)
- Entry to Jellyrolls
- Allowed to used FP+ for every attraction once per visit after a certain time (like Uni's Premiere Pass Express after 4... so for Disney, it would have to be a certain time for each park.)
- Free Valet
-etc

There are any number of things they could've done and all they chose to do was add PhotoPass as DisneyQuest is on it's way out. Now i'm not saying all of that should be added, but more and more keeps getting taken away. One could argue an entire "playland" was already taken from the Platinum Plus Pass as Pleasure Island and all of it's clubs were once a part of it. Now DisneyQuest is on it's way out and DHS and Epcot are shells of their former selves.

I'm not asking for a lot, but if you're gonna charge $900 for the pass (unless you're in-state, then it's $800), at least give people a good reason they should buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrRoamer
What's funny is they are selling it as a revamp of the program. But all everyone is asking is what's the difference? It's just higher prices and photo pass. The free parking for the Seasonal is nice though, although I just renewed last month and won't be able to take advantage of it.

What's funny is they are selling it as a revamp of the program. But all everyone is asking is what's the difference? It's just higher prices and photo pass. The free parking for the Seasonal is nice though, although I just renewed last month and won't be able to take advantage of it.
Yup, it's silly. Especially since the only benefits that are exclusive to the Platinum Plus Pass are actually lesser now than they were before (ESPN WWoS, Golf, Water Parks - No Disney Quest once it closes).

Sure the PhotoPass is a nice thing to throw in there, but it costs them literally nothing. You only get the digital version of the photos. Plus, the PhotoPass is included with APs as low as the Gold membership, and that one has blackout dates!

But i'm sure they'll still sell a ton and the prices will continue to go up year after year. I don't even want to think of what the price will look like when Star Wars Land opens...

The price increase is much less of a percentage increase than my annual rail ticket to work!

The prices will never stay the same, ever.