DHS Pixar Expansion/Sound Stage 1 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

DHS Pixar Expansion/Sound Stage 1

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm not dissing the project as a whole just the theming lol. Yeah there is definitely going to be something new for this, they can't just settle for a cloned land. Personally I think 3 toy story dark rides in one resort is a bit redundant so hopefully we get something somewhat new compared to it

I would love to see something added like the Red Care Trolley as well if they end up doing a full park refresh. The park needs little things like that and more kinetic movement throughout the park. It would be the peoplemover of DHS.

Whatever they do though, I hope more whatever is involved somehow. The park is a concrete wasteland. It feels so dry and that lack of kinetic movement only adds to it.

Any update of the park is not complete without a remastering of the Great Movie Ride. I would love for it to return to park icon status, but that's obviously wishful thinking. Some big new shows would be nice too. While good, they are all very dated around the park.

As has been pointed out on WDW Magic, while Toy Story Playland and TSMM 3rd track seem to be a part of the plan, you aren't dragging Lassiter out to the swamps for a couple of clones. Something *new* is also likely coming.
Exactly.

Lasseter has a lot of things he could be attending to, so to fly him all the way across country, it means something important is going on.

And on the TSPL front, I don't mind it coming as long as it's part of a larger project. DHS needs added capacity badly and this would fill some of that fairly quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Any update of the park is not complete without a remastering of the Great Movie Ride. I would love for it to return to park icon status, but that's obviously wishful thinking. Some big new shows would be nice too. While good, they are all very dated around the park.
It definitely needs a refresh. I just don't want them to go in and completely Disney up the ride. I really hope that a Hat Removal is part of this in some way as well.

Also it seems as if the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster is has made yet another revival. Hopefully it happens this time.

It definitely needs a refresh. I just don't want them to go in and completely Disney up the ride. I really hope that a Hat Removal is part of this in some way as well.

A hat removal is a must IMO. It is the icon to the park because they put it there for no other reason but to be the icon of the park. :censored: don't make sense and I would say it is the biggest contributor to the mismashed feel to the park. What screams Hollywood more, a giant hat or Grauman's from Hollywood Blvd?

GMR does need a refresh, but I do worry that they may cheese it out...

[video=youtube_share;6Wmg8YfL8Ac]http://youtu.be/6Wmg8YfL8Ac[/video]

A hat removal is a must IMO. It is the icon to the park because they put it there for no other reason but to be the icon of the park. :censored: don't make sense and I would say it is the biggest contributor to the mismashed feel to the park. What screams Hollywood more, a giant hat or Grauman's from Hollywood Blvd?

GMR does need a refresh, but I do worry that they may cheese it out...

[video=youtube_share;6Wmg8YfL8Ac]http://youtu.be/6Wmg8YfL8Ac[/video]
Well, considering the rumor is that the park will be rebranded and get a new name, I have high hopes the hat will finally be leaving. It doesn't make sense to keep it.

Well, considering the rumor is that the park will be rebranded and get a new name, I have high hopes the hat will finally be leaving. It doesn't make sense to keep it.

That's what I am thinking. Hopefully with the pressure from down the street Dis understands they can not keep half-:censored:ing this park, it needs a major image change. Getting rid of this unrelated icon would help tell people it is not the same ole park they have been to before.

Well wasn't the reason why the hat was placed was because graumans had a problem with their theater becoming a central icon of a Disney park? They didn't just put the hat there because it looked pretty. I think that if they want to really make MGM a park worth going to their gonna have to make a DCA makeover x2. They can seriously change 75% of the park and it would be for the better

Well wasn't the reason why the hat was placed was because graumans had a problem with their theater becoming a central icon of a Disney park? They didn't just put the hat there because it looked pretty. I think that if they want to really make MGM a park worth going to their gonna have to make a DCA makeover x2. They can seriously change 75% of the park and it would be for the better

That may be, but it could be worth it to license it if they are going to play up the Hollwood aspect. I would say the front of that building is only behind the Hollywood sign as far as identify-ability, which also something that needs to be licensed. The building fits so well and that hat is just so horribly tacky to me.

DHS is definitely in need of a DCA refurb. I would usually just go there to ride Rock N' Rollercoaster and ToT most of the time. Personally, if I had the choice to contribute one new ride as part of a refurb, it would be removing the Indiana Jones show and replacing it with an Indiana Jones coaster like the one in Paris. Show < Coaster would be the majority opinion for the GP

^That coaster is really not fun at all. The one inversion is such a small loop you barely realize it happened.

I would, however, still to this day take the Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland over any other clone in the world.

I think re locate the hat to the above the entrance then it would work in Walts image. He wanted the park to be hidden till you walk through the gates, like the bank/station at Magic kingdom.

^That coaster is really not fun at all. The one inversion is such a small loop you barely realize it happened.

I would, however, still to this day take the Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland over any other clone in the world.

I just find coasters to be fun in general, so that's why I brought it up. However, I do like the idea of a IJ Adventure clone at the park or a ride that features Spiderman or better yet Forbidden Journey technology. The whole Omni-mover concept is 20th century stuff.

DHS is definitely in need of a DCA refurb. I would usually just go there to ride Rock N' Rollercoaster and ToT most of the time. Personally, if I had the choice to contribute one new ride as part of a refurb, it would be removing the Indiana Jones show and replacing it with an Indiana Jones coaster like the one in Paris. Show < Coaster would be the majority opinion for the GP
The Indiana Jones show is actually my favorite show left at the Studios, but I agree about a ride. The show is rumored to be on the chopping block when they expand Star Wars in the area.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole Omni-mover concept is 20th century stuff.
Some of the best and most unique rides Disney has ever made use that ride system.

Just because Universal uses different ride systems that all have one thing in common (a fast paced ride experience) doesn't mean that omni-movers are "20th Century stuff" (although i'd love to see them bring trackless technology to WDW).

It's not about the ride system, it's how you utilize it.

Last edited:
The reason why Indiana Jones is your favorite left could be because it really is the only one left (other than Fantasmic). I think there should and can be a perfect balance between shows and rides at Hollywood Studios, but right now, I feel that new rides are in order, whether it be a Monsters Inc coaster, or Radiator Springs racers. Heck, even an Omni-Mover ride, when utilized to it's complete potential, would be a welcoming sight.

The reason why Indiana Jones is your favorite left could be because it really is the only one left (other than Fantasmic). I think there should and can be a perfect balance between shows and rides at Hollywood Studios, but right now, I feel that new rides are in order, whether it be a Monsters Inc coaster, or Radiator Springs racers. Heck, even an Omni-Mover ride, when utilized to it's complete potential, would be a welcoming sight.
No, the park has a lot of shows. The show is just really well done imo.

One thing that is needed and I mean NEEDED in this expansion is rides. There are more shows than rides at MGM and it's absolutely ridiculous to plan your entire day to show times (most who have spent an entire day at MGM feel my pain there). This makeover should be nothing but rides, it's what the park and the resort as a whole truly needs

I'm sure this was discussed months ago, but wasn't there a rumor that the World Drive toll booth would be demolished and replaced with one on Victory Way, leaving tons of space for future expansion on the southern edge.
Screen-Shot-2013-07-24-at-12.26.02-PM.png

I cannot believe how many Dis fans are posting videos of the "final pov of backlot tour" as if it were ending as the greatest attraction. I just cannot believe how some are beating drums about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.