D23 Expo 2024 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
2024's Expo will run from August 9-11. There will be some events as early as August 4th at Angel Stadium and August 8th at Disneyland.

According to IGN, "Tickets for D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event will go on sale in Spring 2024 and ticket details for the Anaheim Convention Center and the Honda Center will be revealed later. D23 Day at Angel Stadium and the D23 kickoff celebration at Disneyland will also be separate ticketed events."

This is probably the make or break expo for the rest of this decade of parks projects.

(Yeah, I know I said that last year....)

(...no, I mean it this time!)

Me: Makes mental commitment not to go to expo again so I can save for Japan.
Also me: Books expo hotel immediately after announcement

In all seriousness, thrilled that the Hilton was open, and at a reasonable rate for the location/quality. It's been a crapshoot trying to get in there or the Marriott the last few expos for me. And I love DLH but do not love the price tag.

I did D23 once, and as wonderful as it was, I never need to do it again especially since the most interesting stuff ends up online anyway.
It does! I think the reason I'm willing to give it another year is the new structure. Hoping the Honda Center will be a better experience than Hall D23 for bigger panels. I've done basement dwelling, one year of sorcerer that spoiled me horribly, and preferred last year which was fine but not great.

I did D23 once, and as wonderful as it was, I never need to do it again especially since the most interesting stuff ends up online anyway.
I went the first two conventions

If I had like endless money for front of the line and merch then it's worth it but on a normal pass with how many people go now....it feels like your either just waiting in lines or missing out anyway

This is probably the make or break expo for the rest of this decade of parks projects.

(Yeah, I know I said that last year....)

(...no, I mean it this time!)
According to Micechat "But there ARE projects in the works for the Disneyland Resort. Teams are working on potential dark rides, area enhancements, and even an Avatar land." He also mentions Tommorrowland and Hollywoodland as the areas that need the most work and hope that these two topics are addressed at D23 2024. Dusty Also thinks Avatar will replace either Grizzly Peak of Hollywoodland if it does come to DCA.

According to Micechat "But there ARE projects in the works for the Disneyland Resort. Teams are working on potential dark rides, area enhancements, and even an Avatar land." He also mentions Tommorrowland and Hollywoodland as the areas that need the most work and hope that these two topics are addressed at D23 2024. Dusty Also thinks Avatar will replace either Grizzly Peak of Hollywoodland if it does come to DCA.
Great! Show me them. Put the shovels in the ground.

100% agreed. Disney can make promises of large sums of investments for the parks, But until they actually commit to concepts and break ground, it's all bark no bite. Even if they did announce concepts to replace TL and HL, considering how long it takes Disney to build, we likely would not see these come to fruition until 2030 or beyond.

Hope it's not Grizzly Peak, that bit of DCA is practically perfect.

Agreed

Put up or shut up.

If after DIsney Forward gets approved and D23 comes and goes without much being announced its to me all just Blue Sky. But i want a plan like DCA 2.0 was
Hope it's not Grizzly Peak, that bit of DCA is practically perfect.
Theming Wise........yes but Grizlly as a ride is just....fine and the trail while cool for Halloween is 90% percent of the time not being used that well. So.....if we get a new land there that has rides that get people into the park, I will miss the area because I grew up with it but Disney has had years to enhance Grizzley as a ride and refused to do so.

Reactions: TheUniC6
I dunno about this. Grizzly River Run is my favorite rapids ride (though I do enjoy Bluto's for its sheer volume of water) and a great, scenic attraction on that side of the park.
It's not a bad ride but.....unlike splash is dead during the cold season. Like Splash mountain is a true E ticket vs this which is.....I guess an E ticket but could use a lot more. Some gags even if not animals at drops would be nice and in the cave's part more should be going on.

I wont be mad if the land and ride stay but also won't be that upset if they go because it's a lot of space for one ride and a playground. The ride was suppose to have two attractions in it but then Disney went cheap. I think if it had a mine cart coaster and the water ride, I would see it as more valuable to the space we have available but DCA is small to me if you are taking up that much space, you should be drawing in a lot of guests and if not....then I understand why they would change it

I do doubt it will be touched, Hollywood land/the bus area next to it is more then enough land for Avatar land or the Disney Forward area they want to use.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Agreed

Put up or shut up.

If after DIsney Forward gets approved and D23 comes and goes without much being announced its to me all just Blue Sky. But i want a plan like DCA 2.0 was

Theming Wise........yes but Grizlly as a ride is just....fine and the trail while cool for Halloween is 90% percent of the time not being used that well. So.....if we get a new land there that has rides that get people into the park, I will miss the area because I grew up with it but Disney has had years to enhance Grizzley as a ride and refused to do so.
There is one very good reason for Disney to keep Grizzly and that's the hotel right next to it with the same theme and that charges crazy premium prices.

It would be an odd choice to remove when they have Hollywoodland and the Avengers expansion pads available to fill with new attractions, let alone Disneyland itself which has some prime spots for something like Pandora, Frozen or whatever.

There is one very good reason for Disney to keep Grizzly and that's the hotel right next to it with the same theme and that charges crazy premium prices.

It would be an odd choice to remove when they have Hollywoodland and the Avengers expansion pads available to fill with new attractions
Agreed but also...DIsney has refused to do anything with Hollywood and Tommorroland for what is ana insane amount of time. So would not be surprised if they keep ignoring the lands and doing other stuff......because

I mean for god shakes NOS which was already a great land is getting a HUGE amount of work on it....while TL just sits there as they pretend they can't fix that land or like they are waiting for some new big IP to just appear and solve the problem. So we will see in the end what happens.
Also could be wrong but......while the hotel theme if they redid it to be Avatarland I doubt they would have to change anything to the hotel They could keep tree's there to block some of the view of the hotel and doubt guests would stop coming just because Avatar was there over Grizzly, I'd love rich Disney hotel goers to prove me wrong but they seem to just pay for whatever they can at the DLR, Disney is literally took away magic hour and made it 30 mins and now its only at one park...so those guests clearly just have money to burn because it cost more then ever and less benefits then ever yet...they still go

It would be an odd choice to remove when they have Hollywoodland and the Avengers expansion pads available to fill with new attractions, let alone Disneyland itself which has some prime spots for something like Pandora, Frozen or whatever.
The space behind Avengers is going to hold the Multiverse E ticket obviously. As for what replaces Hollywood land it could be more Marvel but I personally think it is going to be an IP or theme that has not yet been brought up at Josh's "what if" sessions at D23 and Destination D events. I think Avatar would work more in Disneyland park proper.

The space behind Avengers is going to hold the Multiverse E ticket obviously. As for what replaces Hollywood land it could be more Marvel but I personally think it is going to be an IP or theme that has not yet been brought up at Josh's "what if" sessions at D23 and Destination D events. I think Avatar would work more in Disneyland park proper.
If it ever happens...

If it ever happens...
I mean that area is for Cars or Avengers, not enough room for Avatar land and unless GOTG is coming down, there isn't really a way for that to happen.

Avatar is coming to Disney forward in DCA (doubt it's in Disneyland's forward area because its smaller), Tomorrowland, Hollywoodland, or Grizzly peak. No other area is big enough unless they are just going to do some small attraction and not a mini version of the Florida land

I wonder if Josh is going to do another round of "what if" Imagineering for attraction concepts at DCA and DHS. Especially that DCA will probably be up first for DL Forward as that will enable them to reroute the monorail beam to expand the park into the current transportation hub. A Hollywoodland revamp is coming long before they touch the parking lots across Disneyland Drive.

Last edited: