D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm glad to say that I was wrong about the amount of stuff they announced. They really did the MAJOR data dump here.

Very exciting.
And they still left a decent amount to be announced for WDW alone and Epcot in particular. New Illuminations, Brazil, Coco, etc. Hopefully the speedway goes electric when TRON is added.

Then of course they were very vague about Marvel at DCA and they didn't touch on the international parks much.

Currently upcoming/announced attractions (I'm not going to talk about hotels or infrastructure for either) for WDW:
- Toy Story Land with 2 flat rides
- Star Wars Land with 2 e-tickets
- Mickey Mouse e-ticket
- Guardians of the Galaxy e-ticket
- Ratatouille which straddles between d and e-ticket IMO
- Tron e-ticket

Currently upcoming/announced attractions for UOR:
- Fast & Furious e-ticket
- Super Nintendo World with 2 e-tickets and 1 d-ticket... presumably

I know there's stuff like DC replacement and 4th gate coming up, but those haven't been formally announced. It's hard to get excited about the fact that something MIGHT exist in those two cases. So currently, Disney's lineup blows Universal's out of the water IMO, no contest. That's coming from a big Universal and Nintendo fan. Universal could really use a major Orlando announcement ASAP.
Or you can look at as Disney playing catch up. Since 2006, Disney has built exactly 1 E Ticket.

I'm still surprised they announced Tron and both Epcot projects. I mean, we knew they were coming, but still, already announcing Es for the 50th is darned exciting.

It's pretty obvious TDO is feeling the heat from up I-4.

Reactions: Brian G. and Mike S
I'm still surprised they announced Tron and both Epcot projects. I mean, we knew they were coming, but still, already announcing Es for the 50th is darned exciting.

It's pretty obvious TDO is feeling the heat from up I-4.
You tend to generate a lot of buzz when you announce so many things just for WDW that I actually start forgetting about some of them. This was sort of a warning shot in my eyes, Disney knows they have to compete with Universal now and they're making it known that they intend to go full steam the next 4-5 years.

Your move UOR.

Last edited:
You tend to generate a lot of buzz when you announce so many things just for WDW that I actually start forgetting about some of them. This was sort of a warning shot in my eyes, Disney knows they have to compete with Universal now and they're making it known that they intend to go full steam the next 4-5 years.

You're move UOR.
With buyback Bob leaving soon (he is leaving this time right?) they should have plenty of cash to spend on all this. What do you think? 5 -6B?

You're move UOR.
Universal (allegedly) has a whole new park to announce in a few years, so the battle isn't slowing down anytime soon either. We all have a lot to be excited about.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog

You're move UOR.
It could just be the combination playing catch up after 15 years of resting on their laurals and the impending 50th Anniversary. The parks were/are desperately stale. So a lot of this has been needed for a really long time.

Last edited:
jusr saw the musical clip from the animation panel for Coco. Yea, don't place any hope on that film. The music isn't top notch. I like Mariachi music and yea......this isn't the good stuff.

My thoughts:

Really Good
Tron
Mission: Space restaurant
Gondola (keeps some families off the buses)
New China Film
EPCOT Future World Concept
3rd new cruise ship

Good
Rat attraction & France expansion
GOTG ride (I love everything GOTG. You could take out the entire Epcot park and make it a GOTG park and I'd love it)
SWL deets

Bad
Mickey/Minnie railway.........
TSL deets
$tar War$ Hotel
Pixar Pier

It could just be the combination playing catch up after 15 years of resting on their laurals and the impending 50th Anniversary. The parks were/are desperately stale. So a lot of this has been needed for a really long time.
I certainly won't argue with any of that.

Reactions: Mike S
My thoughts:

Really Good
Tron
Mission: Space restaurant
Gondola (keeps some families off the buses)
New China Film
EPCOT Future World Concept
3rd new cruise ship

Good
Rat attraction & France expansion
GOTG ride (I love everything GOTG. You could take out the entire Epcot park and make it a GOTG park and I'd love it)
SWL deets

Bad
Mickey/Minnie railway.........
TSL deets
$tar War$ Hotel
Pixar Pier

The Star Wars Hotel is bad? That's the number one thing that was trending on twitter and fb. They are just doing what Universal hasn't done with Harry Potter. A Hogwarts hotel would've been epic.

All of the people causing it to trend on Twitter and FB could never afford to stay there anyway.

There's something called credit cards (not my style, just saying). Do you think everyone that goes to Disney can "afford" it. Another option is called saving.

The Star Wars Hotel is bad? That's the number one thing that was trending on twitter and fb. They are just doing what Universal hasn't done with Harry Potter. A Hogwarts hotel would've been epic.
Hogwarts hotel is never happening since it doesn't make sense to have to Hogwarts castles.

Reactions: Mike S
Which one of the announced things is the most likely to NOT happen at all (or in a very different way than announced)? (Hyperion Warf Style)