Costco Value 12 month Annual Pass question | Inside Universal Forums

Costco Value 12 month Annual Pass question

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 17, 2014
Hello, not sure if anyone has gotten this deal before. There are some black out dates listed on the back of the ticket that I received, they are different days than what's shown on the site. My question is are these dates in addition to the ones already listed on the 12 month pass? Also, it says to activate online, I'm wondering if I activate the passes online, will the passes start the 12 month process at that moment or doest it begin the first day you go to the park?

From what I gather, the dates on the back of your pass are the dates that are blacked out for your specific purchase.

About your online question - I'm guessing it starts on the day of activation, but you might want to read the fine print to find out. Current passes sold by Universal are only valid for 2015.

I purchased the Costco pass and it requires that you fill out the passholder's personal information online before you arrive to the park.  The "Costco processing center" has been removed from the park and you now have control of entering your information.  This way when you visit the park, you just walk to the turnstile and get your fingerprint done and voila!  You're in!

Plus, remember this is a Season Pass.  The pass expires March 18, 2016 no matter what.  This is not an annual pass to start on the first day of your visit like before.  The value of this pass will decrease day by day until they pull it from the Costco shelf.  If you bought this new pass today, go activate it asap to get your full money worth from it.

I foresee the first half of a 100+ hike before F&F and the rest of the increase in the month of softs for WW

I can also see the elimination of the no black-out pass and a larger margin between the value pass and Premium to prevent the issue that is happening at Disney with everyone getting Premium and clogging parking lots/defeating the purpose of blackout days.

Disney has also given precedent for price increases this year so everyone should be careful and purchase any passes they need for next year soon.

My current pass expires in a few days....and I just bought TWO premium passes. One to activate when Springfield opens, and one that I have to activate by December so that I can have an annual pass when Wizarding World opens. Yeah, I'll have two annual passes valid at the same time for a few months, essentially "losing" a few months, but at least I just locked in the $179 Premium Pass price for me to see Wizarding World AND avoid future price and parking increase! If you can afford it, I recommend everyone do that, at least with a No Black Out Dates pass

I'd recommend to do it soon. With Disney raising their price today, Universal should be following in a bit.

Reactions: malice
my Costco Annual Pass has different blackout dates than the ones on the calendar on the Universal Studios website. Are the Costco 12 month pass and the regular universal 12 month pass not the same?

Also, does the %10 discount still apply on the Costco pass?

There are no longer any discounts to any annual pass except for the Premium Star Pass.  Blackout dates are all over the place.  I highly recommend getting familiar with your blackout dates early on because many passes have a different set of dates and its a pain to figure out.

Reactions: Aaron
So Im visiting California in a few months and going to Universal. My sister lives in California and is going to buy the $80 tickets at Costco for me. If I'm reading this thread correctly you are saying that there are black out dates?  

Also would there be a problem with my sister buying them and just handing them over to me and my family?

Thanks 

Great, thank you so much I love this site! My last question is if we can go straight to the gate with the Costco tickets or do we need to go to the ticket booth?