Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins - Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion

This is where right of first refusal comes in. Disney will buy to met requests/demand for something other than the latest and greatest and to also prop up points value. I think they are offering some bonus points with sales pitches for Copper Ridge so folks can have some to use immediately and after those are used, they are availible for sale.

I have been eyeing resales for a bit and prices seem to have gone up over the last month. Some think it's due to an uptick in Disney buybacks. Other than the discounts and the Disney cruise/Adventures angle and RCI exchanges, and I'm not jazzed about those because it's not cost efficient and devalues the points. When I do buy some resales, I'll pay cash and buy about three home properties with different termination dates and amass about 750 to 1,000 points, so I can use points on the Cabins and bungalows for a 2 to 3 nights of invite the whole family for a few days in a 3br and rent the rest to get my buy in back quickly and cover the yearly dues.

Let's be honest, in 2020 the rental rates for points will hit at least 18 to 19 points cause, STAR WARS. There's actual money to be made here and I'll have grandkids to ruin in 10 years.

What I want to see most are a couple of resorts outside of the parks. Jackson Hole would be nice. Hell, NYC and Paris. I got a hunch on Paris with their near complete takeover of DLP.