"Classic" Universal Video | Inside Universal Forums

"Classic" Universal Video

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

BruceTheShark

Contributing Editor
Feb 12, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Universal Studios Hollywood: A Universe of Cinemagic 

When I was a child, I would watch this old VHS every time I knew a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood was approaching. This simple VHS, sold at USH, was a special glimpse into the behind the scenes of the making and conceptions of the classic attractions Universal offered. It's a shame they don't document the process for the public to see any longer. Special thanks to Jurassicoz for posting this on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=FLirFDhfOfw7_UJKdWLhbgCA

My picture on the member page is the cover to this video!! The good ol days for real. Traveling from northern california to universal city when I was a kid in the 90's, I would watch this video before every trip to get amped up for what i was going to see. Even when some of the attractions on the video started to change I still liked being reminded. Good times.

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Speaking of all this classic stuff, does anyone else find it weird that they still sell those pictures of the old attractions? I could totally see a kid picking one of those up and wondering where the terminators, cowboys, and time machines went. They must have had millions of them made if they are still in stores this day and age.