CityWalk Waterfront Redesign | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Waterfront Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The thing I have wondered about from the start is how much competition this might be for the nightclubs and margaritaville bar thingy. How does Uni build this and keep everyone happy?

Work has started on the next section per @OrlandoInformer
Indeed, in what is the last section of CityWalk's greenspace before the bridge leading to IOA.

iC3wjkTqvXlrI.jpg

Reactions: Sideshow Mike
Orlando Informer posted these great photos of both constructions areas.

iJ7iexGqJ8bQL.jpg

iQT23Fd3TV921.jpg

i8qPqTt2fFSmm.jpg

Additionally, AmusementPics snapped some more pics from other vantage points, such as looking towards the pathway/bridge leading to IOA and also a quick look of the newly walled off area from the Margaritaville side.

20120418-001.jpg

20120418-043.jpg

Last edited:
It's going to be so nice when it's done. As seen in the concept art and in reality (2 new palms in the first area), trees will be integrated with the decks. All we're losing is the scorched grass.

Also, probably only Teebin and I will find this interesting, but the permit for this project with SFWMD was filed under Universal City Partners L P instead of Universal City Partners LTD. That difference allowed it to evade my searches.

Also, probably only Teebin and I will find this interesting, but the permit for this project with SFWMD was filed under Universal City Partners L P instead of Universal City Partners LTD. That difference allowed it to evade my searches.

Mercy, I only search 'Universal City Development' and leave the Partners off... are there docs that leave 'Development' off too?

LP is Limited Partnership and LTD is Limited. Does LP suggest that this Citywalk thingy is being developed with yet another partner, such as Loews or Margaritaville or some other hospitality company?

Last edited:
Mercy, I only search 'Universal City Development' and leave the Partners off... are there docs that leave 'Development' off too?

LP is Limited Partnership and LTD is Limited. Does LP suggest that this Citywalk thingy is being developed with yet another partner, such as Loews or Margaritaville or some other hospitality company?

May just start typing in Universal City. SFWD is by far the easiest to use. Orlando's is the worst.

I believe they are planning on the decks holding quite a few people. During special events like New Years Eve and the 4th of July, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to run a fireworks show over the CityWalk lagoon.

I wonder what that 2 x 12 is for? It's not for a form because I don't think they're pouring concrete, and it's not treated, so it isn't permanent.

Last edited:
So I'm wondering... where we see the horizontal steel beams, is that roughly the height we can expect for the decks? I don't know why, but I was expecting them to be elevated more.