CityWalk Hollywood | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those interested, Celebrity Authentics (the old Sketchers location) has finally opened
200w.gif

Reactions: Michael S
Oh, it totally is. I can't really ever see myself buying anything from there (most items are for $500 and up). That said, it is pretty cool as a pseudo-museum.
I saw a lot of people looking in the windows before it was opened and certainly brings lookie loos but does not seem to fit in City walk.

I think the vibe and contents of the store are a great fit... who wouldn't want to take home a piece of authentic Hollywood home with you? But yeah, the price point definitely puts it on another level... so I don't think it'll last mainly because of that. But we'll see.

Reactions: Freakenstein
I think the vibe and contents of the store are a great fit... who wouldn't want to take home a piece of authentic Hollywood home with you? But yeah, the price point definitely puts it on another level... so I don't think it'll last mainly because of that. But we'll see.
I don’t think they care if the stuff sells, I think it’s more like to browse and look at tbh

Reactions: Rideguy70
Im hearing a big sale in the Curios George Parking Lot Tomorrow up to 90 percent off

I would very much be there...but I'll be in San Deigo

Reactions: malice
I went to one in mid-June located in the basement of the CG parking. It was called Universal Retail’s Monster Sale with everything 90% off. Felt like almost half of it was Potter merch. There were also a lot of JW toys, assorted clothing, random trinkets, etc. Basically excess inventory they wanted to clear out. Seems like it might be a semi-annual thing they do.

The lines were insane. About an hour to get in and about an hour to checkout. We got about $1500 worth for $150 so…

I went to one in mid-June located in the basement of the CG parking. It was called Universal Retail’s Monster Sale with everything 90% off. Felt like almost half of it was Potter merch. There were also a lot of JW toys, assorted clothing, random trinkets, etc. Basically excess inventory they wanted to clear out. Seems like it might be a semi-annual thing they do.

The lines were insane. About an hour to get in and about an hour to checkout. We got about $1500 worth for $150 so…
That’s wild! I’ve never heard of this, thank you for the information.

i straight up had an employee in one of the stores encourage me to go to the sale instead of buying chucky merch in that moment, but there was no way i'd have made it to the sale :sob: