Cheetah Hunt | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We're going to throw caution to the wind and just take a chance Sun. morning. I won't get too cranky because I'll still be half asleep. I'll post how it goes.

Cheetah Hunt Pretzel Coaster Build Off Finals Results Article & Tons of Pictures!

DSC07754.JPG

http://www.bgtnation.net/2011/06/pretzel-coaster-build-off-finals-with.html

Well, Facebook sounds like it was a cluster this morning so plans to go tomorrow morning are cancelled. Sigh. Not surprised, but it's what I was afraid of.

Well, Facebook sounds like it was a cluster this morning so plans to go tomorrow morning are cancelled. Sigh. Not surprised, but it's what I was afraid of.

They had power outages today, from what I read on facebook, glad I didn't go like I planned.
Most likely the pass holder previews will be pretty packed anyway so other than Summer Nights, I might be waiting until September to really get my ride on.

Here's what I've heard went down today. The park was already packed for the AP event by 8 AM. The ride didn't open until 8:30 and it had a 45 minute wait time. When the park opened to everyone, it hopped up to a 120 minute wait. The ride apparently ran smoothly until the park wide power outage which happened at around 11 AM. From what I've read, everything but Cheetah Hunt has reopened.

They had power outages today, from what I read on facebook, glad I didn't go like I planned.
Most likely the pass holder previews will be pretty packed anyway so other than Summer Nights, I might be waiting until September to really get my ride on.
Yep, Sept. for me too. Passholder event is way too unpredictable on whether it will even be open, not to mention Twitter reports of people getting in with Fun Cards (sure, make the crowd even bigger and spit in the eye of those who pay the big bucks). Wonder if Cheetah Hunt had anything to do with the outage. I figure I'll do my Cheetah Hunt marathoning right before/right after Labor Day.

Yep, Sept. for me too. Passholder event is way too unpredictable on whether it will even be open, not to mention Twitter reports of people getting in with Fun Cards (sure, make the crowd even bigger and spit in the eye of those who pay the big bucks). Wonder if Cheetah Hunt had anything to do with the outage. I figure I'll do my Cheetah Hunt marathoning right before/right after Labor Day.

Somehow I think the Fun Carders situation is blown out of proportion, alot of people complaining just to complain or with the hopes of getting something for free IMO. I seriously doubt BGT is going try and make this PR nightmare any worse by dissing it's pass holders.
CH was not the power problem as it was reported that the street lights were down also, most likely a grid problem.

I will bet that fun card people were not getting in, They have special gate for early entrance and I will bet you Fun card people don't get in.
Hmm during previous Manta Passholder openings they were pretty strict on who they let in.
My earliest visit might me fall. Lines should be close to non by then. Can't wait though. Have been to the park when they were lifting and need to see the final result.

I will bet that fun card people were not getting in, They have special gate for early entrance and I will bet you Fun card people don't get in.

Thats the whole purpose of the Nairobi gate for spacial events and early admission.

--- Update ---

Hmm during previous Manta Passholder openings they were pretty strict on who they let in.
My earliest visit might me fall. Lines should be close to non by then. Can't wait though. Have been to the park when they were lifting and need to see the final result.

It is worth the wait (one hour max) for the first ride, but I and others will be waiting a while for the dust to settle to get the crazy amount of rides we really want. The thing I like the best is it so re-ridable, all the different elements are really fun.

Alright I finally got to ride Cheetah Hunt this morning and...... it was horrible :lol: Not the coaster though the experience. I forgot to take my keys out when I rented a locker and low and behold during the third launch and into the air time hill they went flying out of my pocket and then into oblivion. The real problem was that on that one key ring was the only car key we have, the only mailbox key we have, and my keys to my jetski as well as my work keys. :mad:

Also I want to add in I have given them my information but do to the location of the drop and security issues the costs are accurate. :blank:

Costs
-Onsite key made $159.98, this was because it requires a chip. We have spares but only this one had the chip.
-Post office keys $ 25.00
-Jet Ski Keys for locks and trailer- Quoted price of roughly 150 bucks to remove all locks and replace with new
-Re Key work place- between 4 and 5 grand.

Angry Phone Calls
-the WIFE, reason costs
-District Manager, reason costs
-District LPM, reason costs
-Executive Managers, 3 of them simultaneously on a conference call while I am in the parking lot sweating my butt off paying 160 bucks for one key.

I am going back this weekend to try it again because I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the ride. I mean I was so distraught I didn't take ANY pics.

Alright I finally got to ride Cheetah Hunt this morning and...... it was horrible :lol: Not the coaster though the experience. I forgot to take my keys out when I rented a locker and low and behold during the third launch and into the air time hill they went flying out of my pocket and then into oblivion. The real problem was that on that one key ring was the only car key we have, the only mailbox key we have, and my keys to my jetski as well as my work keys. :mad:

Sorry to hear that, that stinks!

I am going back this weekend to try it again because I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the ride. I mean I was so distraught I didn't take ANY pics.

Oh man, I know exactly how that feels. My iPhone slipped out of my pocket on Dragon Challenge. Worst ride ever.

Although, I got my phone back a couple days later and it still works. Good luck with the keys.

Alright I finally got to ride Cheetah Hunt this morning and...... it was horrible :lol: Not the coaster though the experience. I forgot to take my keys out when I rented a locker and low and behold during the third launch and into the air time hill they went flying out of my pocket and then into oblivion. :

Man that sucks!
I have lost mine at BGT when my key chain broke, but got them back.
Now, I never bring my keys into the parks, and I have a hide a key.
I used to just keep a door key on my lanyard, with my pass, but I had a key less entry pad installed for this reason.

Well I hope your next ride is more memorable for the right reason.

Nothing sucks more than loosing your only car keys. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Hatetofly. I lost my cell phone on Kraken on a school trip and then I lost my only keys to my Mercedes at Ultra one year. That was the worst thing ever. $200 to get a new key made + having my car towed around Miami + multiple trips back there.

You have a Mercedes?

My friend (the driver) lost his keys at Six Flags once. We were stranded in the parking lot, and trying to break into his car, and then the security guards found them. They had fallen off on the demon drop.

Here is some great Advice, Put everything in a Locker..cost .50. I carry my keys on a clip ring on my belt loop works perfect. I am not making any calls in line or on the coaster so no need for my phone . And trust me my job I am on call at all hours even when I am not on call so there is no reason take take a cell phone on a ride. I am truly sorry to hear about that loss of your keys I can imagine how bad that would ruin a trip much less a week or month..:(