BttF: The Ride vs. The Simpsons Ride | Inside Universal Forums

BttF: The Ride vs. The Simpsons Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

BTTF: THE RIDE VS. THE SIMPSONS RIDE

• Back to the Future: The Ride

Votes: 97 70.8%
  • The Simpsons Ride

Votes: 40 29.2%

• Total voters
Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
I know that this post may seem a bit dated but I really wanna know which of the 2 do you guys think is the better ride: Simpsons with its cartoon wackiness and newer technology or BTTF with its superb story and its flying 8 passenger Delorean?

READY
SET
VOTE!!!!

Even though my memory of BTTF is a bit fuzzy, It's still a million times better than Simpsons. Not saying Simpsons is bad, just not as good as BTTF.

the answer to this was in the original post proposal alone and I could go on but it would be enough.

You get to ride in a real looking DELOREAN body. Simpsons is an odd generic vehicle.

Meh. One liner based only and dated CGI. BTTF could come back today and would sitll be the better ride.

Back to the Future definitely for me. It just had more creativity and charm behind it, everything about it was thought out very well. The guests truly had the chance to experience "Back to the Future Part IV"...but with them in Marty McFly's role. Everything worked out so well. You really felt that you were a part of the story. The moment you boarded the DeLorean was just pure magic, it was sitting right there for you, mysterious looking, but it was ready just for you.

I'm not saying The Simpsons Ride is a bad ride, I just don't think it has that same kind of thought and creativity that Back to the Future: The Ride had.

When it comes to smoothness and video quality of course you vote for Simpsons.

When it comes to storyline, creativity, fun-ness(if thats a word), and nostalgia, its BTTF all the way.

Not to mention BTTF is my all time fave movie as well, I just can't believe one person has voted for Simpsons :mad: :lol:

What's stopping Universal from putting BTTF back on every now and then, for special occasions? Forgive me since I have no idea how that works, but isn't it just a huge IMAX screen? Surely they still have the film. And the movements of the ride vehicle feel very similar to BTTF to me, if not exactly the same. :shrug:

Voted for Simpsons just to make Vyrus more mad.
:mean::mad::bang::censored::beadyeyes::angry::rant::faint:
What's stopping Universal from putting BTTF back on every now and then, for special occasions? Forgive me since I have no idea how that works, but isn't it just a huge IMAX screen? Surely they still have the film. And the movements of the ride vehicle feel very similar to BTTF to me, if not exactly the same. :shrug:

Its possible if they still have the original program. But in the process of upgrading the ride, they might have switched out the vehicle programming and the programs that they use so it won't be having a comeback. Plus I wouldn't want to ride it in the current Simpsons cart, it wouldn't feel or be the same.

Wow what a shift in voting to similar poles when the attraction first opens. This shows you after the initial "something new to ride" for many fans wears off...you have a simulator that was more lackluster than the one before it. Makes me curious about the new Star Tours.

At any rate, The Simpsons CGI and storytelling used for the ride has a very short shelf life for it.

Back to the Future was the first movie based ride to get the real actors back for what the story called for. You had 4 on screen actors that were in previous films from the trilogy. Something no attraction would be able to do unitl T2 and then not again until Forbidden Journey

Back to the Future. However during it's final years it was incredibly bumpy and it was something that a little renovation could fix. I guess Universal felt BTTF wasn't relevant anymore. I do like the Simpsons though, it's not as classic, but its a fun ride.

I voted for Simpsons but not to make Vyrus mad :)lol:) but because I like it better. It just feels like a much better experience. As much as I like BttF as a series I like the humor and exciting experience that The Simpsons gives more.

BTTF hands down.... Universal made the Simpsons Ride and it looks like and is an aweful cover up for the original ride that was there. If you ask me, they should have updated it like what Disney does to there rides (MAKE IT MORE MODERN!!!!)

i voted for simpsons but not to make vyrus mad :)lol:) but because i like it better. It just feels like a much better experience. As much as i like bttf as a series i like the humor and exciting experience that the simpsons gives more.
:yikes::blah::blah:

In all non-Vyrus infuriating seriousness, I love both rides quite a bit. To be honest, I don't see many differences between the two. I mean, yeah of course it's two entirely different franchises, but as far as the experiences go, they're pretty much on the same level for me. Both are entertaining, with BttF maybe being more thrilling and Simpsons definitely being funnier. I'm perfectly happy with either one though. Sometimes I like to stick up for Simpsons because it can get unfair criticisms from Future fans.