Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

British TV show live from MK?

Ah, so the cost of the "free" dining is being absorbed into next years prices!

I figured it was one big advert, it made me want to go, but I don't understand why they didn't use pandora? I know James cameron probably put a stop to any idea of filming in there. It's this years (and probably next) big new thing.

One thing I did find funny, during the quiz section, one of the answers was "Jimmy Fallon"
Disney obviously didn't vet the questions first, which again surprised me.

Agree re drop in numbers - following the Brexit Exchange rate crash, I expect there has understandably been a huge drop in bookings. Cannot be a coincidence that previously this event was in Barcelona, now is in MK Main Street. Glad for the winners.

Guess TV didn't show the two hour queues, for example Toy Story Mania 120mins today IMG_8182.JPG (photo), then they stopped taking standby when the FP+ was queuing up the street to SW land and back again. No FP no ride. FP not fast.

ps and expect they didn't show Frozen broken down yesterday, or Thunder mountain 120mins Saturday, or Space Mountain 165mins Saturday!

I can't believe they were able to afford that. For the number of views on the youtube videos, I can't imagine they have a huge budget. Either way, that was pretty cool.
The show is on ITV the 2nd biggest channel in the UK behind BBC 1 and i think the actual show averages about 8 million viewers so I imagine they have a pretty large budget.

Agree re drop in numbers - following the Brexit Exchange rate crash, I expect there has understandably been a huge drop in bookings. Cannot be a coincidence that previously this event was in Barcelona, now is in MK Main Street. Glad for the winners.

FX rate is currently a drop of 10% from June 24 to today.
However, calculate it from the February, and its a 6% drop to today.

A far bigger drop occurred in summer 2008 when it fell from over $2:£1 to as low as $1.36 - a 30% drop.

6% doesn't feel significant enough to me to explain the numbers drop.....for instance some destinations have seen demand and thus prices rocket this year after last years terrorist attacks in turkey, Tunisia, Egypt etc

You need to compare rates from year to year. Most of the people giving it a miss are regulars.
For instance I've been coming since 2010 below are the rough figures from our trips (memory permitting lol)
2010 1.63
2011 1.65
2012 1.58
2013 1.54
2014 1.50
2015 1.45
2016 1.48
2017 1.17

So a 30c drop Year on year

A lot of people book their trips over a year in advance, we usually book about 10 months in advance. Not booked next years, and not going to. We've decided to give it a miss for a year or three, hoping the rate picks back up.