Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings (HHN 32) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is probably gonna go one of two ways: It’s either going to be a Spirits of the Coven where it just hits with a resounding thud (with the exception being that house had some hype behind it do to the concept) or it will be a sleeper hit house where it blows expectations out of the water. Obviously my hope is for the latter.

or it will be a sleeper hit house where it blows expectations out of the water.
I've heard some murmurs about this house recently that honestly have me a bit over the moon for this house, particularly something that will not make it just a generic "colonial cult gore" house. After listening to the podcast, and seeing the art for it in All Hallows Boutique, I am actually hopeful it is the dark horse this year.

I've heard some murmurs about this house recently that honestly have me a bit over the moon for this house, particularly something that will not make it just a generic "colonial cult gore" house. After listening to the podcast, and seeing the art for it in All Hallows Boutique, I am actually hopeful it is the dark horse this year.
Thank you thank you thank you :eek:
I'm glad to heard that. That sounds great.
You made me feel excited for this

It's definitely my pick for the Dark Horse house considering how little has been mentioned about it save for the podcast tale. And the out of all the poster/art that was put up in the All Hallows Boutique, this house honestly got one of the better ones of the bunch, and it kind of backs up a gut feeling I've had about this house.

Last edited:
After the latest article and the comparisons to the scenic of Dead Man's Pier this just shot way up my anticipation list. This is either going to be stellar or run of the mill, not really seeing a world where it falls in the middle of the pack.

After the latest article and the comparisons to the scenic of Dead Man's Pier this just shot way up my anticipation list. This is either going to be stellar or run of the mill, not really seeing a world where it falls in the middle of the pack.
Admittedly, it would be kinda funny if THIS house, with low hype, was the one with crazy sets like DMP, instead of Dueling Dragons, probably the most hyped this year.

Admittedly, it would be kinda funny if THIS house, with low hype, was the one with crazy sets like DMP, instead of Dueling Dragons, probably the most hyped this year.

Yep........I'm starting to definitely get that feeling. Definitely. This could be a favorite. The sets could be incredible. I literally cannot wait to do it first thing. If anything the only one I'm worried about is darkest deal. I think that could be the least liked

Gimme a cool, semi open design colonial village ending in me having to walk under a faux burning Wicker Man with a blood moon above it and I will at least enjoy the scenic of this house.

Well, it looks like I might have been right about the open concept as that’s very Dead Man’s Pier.

Now bring on the faux burning Wicker Man!

I do wonder if the comparisons to DMP are somewhat down to HOW the house was designed. According to the Lights on Tour, they designed that house using VR so that they could create the open concept feel. They also used VR for the Monsters facade last year and the facade for one other house (though I am drawing a blank on which).

Semi related: I feel like Carnival Graveyard (which was also advertised as open concept) ended up falling middle of the pack for most people that year.

A kinda dark house with beautiful sets. Not very scary but beautiful and brutal.
loved the cult visuals and epically the church room
the bell tower with the actor in it ringing the bell was also great

Love that this house was straight up just RE4 but gorier. It was amazing

resident evil 4 GIF

Least anticipated original house, #9 on my list, but this was another surprise hit for me. Don't go in expecting the vistas of DMP, but if you liked the smaller scale street level sets of that house then this is right up your alley. Lots of fall vibes, I love the red lighting that blankets everything, lots of fun but still horrific setpieces (I'll throw my favorite in the spoiler), and the scares were real solid too. Consistently engaging from scene to scene and has a great structure making you feel like you're ducking from building to building trying to reach the other side of the town until it's too late. There was one scare here that completely took me off guard, great stuff there and I dare not ruin it for anyone who hasn't been able to go yet. We'll talk about it in October haha.

The little cult children running around the pole with the intestines was really wonderful, especially with the scale of the sets surrounding it!

Reactions: SeventyOne
I really wanna go in depth now on my house rankings but I’m still sleeping on my reviews and thoughts.

But the one thing I will say is that this house has the best energy I have ever seen in a house ever. It’s absolutely unreal. If you get a good run you are coming out with that blood pumping.

I loved every single second of it.

This is not only an incredible and amazing house, it is an incredible experience. Feels like a real village. It's insane. Parts of it felt so real
You really get transported to a different place. Doesn't feel like a regular haunted house. Feels like a village replica

The roof is open on the soundstage, so the house feels HUGE. The open roof makes it feel massive. House feels so long. Feels bigger than it is
The courtyard scene where you can see the guests on the other side of the village looked amazing. You feel like a tourist visiting a real village. That courtyard got me by surprise really hard.
This house to me is prettier than Dead Man's Pier from last year. ( I'm not saying better. I'm saying prettier) they technically look very similar, but this one has a lot more details. All these little decorations around.
It has so many small details and things hanging. All these small decorations.
The entire house has red lighting. Feels like a dream. It's trippy.

Courtyard room is my favorite room of the entire year.

Last edited:
The sets in this house really are beautiful, I love that you can see the blood moon from almost the entire house. Cast is super aggressive with the scares. Very gore forwards. Really enjoyed this one and wasn’t fully sold on it before going.

That first courtyard scene where you can see through the house and spot other people going through was beautiful, I was so distracted by it that the scare on the right basically had me on the floor.

Also, not sure if this was real or I hallucinated it since I only saw it once in 10 runs, but in that courtyard room I could have sworn I saw what appeared to be a little girl walk in front of the house and just stand at the window before leaving. Creeped me all the way out, but never saw it again

I
The sets in this house really are beautiful, I love that you can see the blood moon from almost the entire house. Cast is super aggressive with the scares. Very gore forwards. Really enjoyed this one and wasn’t fully sold on it before going.

That first courtyard scene where you can see through the house and spot other people going through was beautiful, I was so distracted by it that the scare on the right basically had me on the floor.

Also, not sure if this was real or I hallucinated it since I only saw it once in 10 runs, but in that courtyard room I could have sworn I saw what appeared to be a little girl walk in front of the house and just stand at the window before leaving. Creeped me all the way out, but never saw it again
Very likely a cast change, or a performer moving to/from their position. The houses are all designed with pass throughs so performers can get to boo-holes “inside” the house. Those require being exposed to guests. Typically they’ll hold the line if multiple performers are moving through, but they won’t if it’s just one or two.