Becoming a Premium/VIP Member | Inside Universal Forums

Becoming a Premium/VIP Member

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
I wanted to just make a post about becoming a Premium, or VIP Member, which is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. By becoming a Premium or VIP Member, you will also be given a special user bar indicating your support.

As a thank you, anyone who has an active membership will be eligible for next month's prize giveaway. We'll have details later but it's got a lot of HHN goodies. Figured I'd give a head's up.

http://forums.insideuniversal.net/account/upgrades

Not to get too much on my open web soapbox or be too dramatic but it's a terrible, terrible thing to have so much of our discussion and communities owned by companies like Discord and hidden in walled gardens instead of by individuals like IU freely available to the open web. I urge everyone to support great sites like IU so that when apps like Discord inevitably start locking away features or access or dropping data, we have community run sites like this one!

As someone who runs a park website myself I can tell you that it's frustrating that costs keep rising while readership and participation can ebb and flow with interest by season and project. If you value what this community provides, please support it.