A24 Films | Inside Universal Forums

A24 Films

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Counter to last years Elvis Film, seems to be making the story of their life together more realistic

Saw this at the arc light in Hollywood. Even tho I love Swiss army man more, this movie has a couple Scenes that are just uncomfortable which to me gets me to think about this movie a lot even tho it’s not for everyone

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I saw "Dicks" A24 first musical.....the only reason it wasn't my least liked film of the year is because Beau Is Afraid is double the length (time wise) of Dicks.

But I have no Idea sometimes what A24 is going for, is it telling the best story or.....just releasing crap and hoping someone likes it

I saw "Dicks" A24 first musical.....the only reason it wasn't my least liked film of the year is because Beau Is Afraid is double the length (time wise) of Dicks.

But I have no Idea sometimes what A24 is going for, is it telling the best story or.....just releasing crap and hoping someone likes it
I think it’s the latter, they definitely release a lot of things the average person would not enjoy. But that’s why I like them, every movie I have seen from them has at least done something original

I think it’s the latter, they definitely release a lot of things the average person would not enjoy. But that’s why I like them, every movie I have seen from them has at least done something original
But....I saw "Dicks" with someone else who like Musical and they called it the worst movie they saw this year

I'm down for them to try things but also...at a point I'll just have to avoid more of their films when they make some of the best films but then "try" something but really it's kinda an interesting idea with but zero structure of need to be a thing.

Anyway, maybe some people will like the new Musical but felt on every level of a film it just fails...not that interesting musically, the plot is.....there I guess, the jokes didn't land and I just see zero reason this film being a thing at all....your A24. Your first horror films were great and so was Everything, Everywhere all at once

I just would not want to say this is A24 first Musical and lead with....this

I've only seen 2 of their films, that being Hereditary and The VVitch, the 2nd one not being so great...

I've only seen 2 of their films, that being Hereditary and The VVitch, the 2nd one not being so great...
Laby Bird, 8th Grade, and mid 90s are all great coming of age stories

Everything Everywhere All at Once is one of the best...films just ever.

Uncut Gems is a great tense film

The Farewell, The Disaster Artist (based on the making of the room...one of the worst movies ever) and You Hurt My Feelings are both pretty funny films with The Farewell just being an interesting look into Chinese Americans family relationship when they have people back in China

I also loveeeee Hereditary and have been disappointed in all the directors films...since sadly