2020 Holidays at Universal Orlando | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

2020 Holidays at Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The big things out this year are the Parade, Hogwarts Show, Grinch show, and Mannheim Steamroller it appears. (all for pretty obvious reasons)

Grinchmas is one of the more expensive shows Universal produces, especially when compared to the length of its run. Combined with the distancing requirements for the audience and lowered capacity, I can understand why they would cut it this year.
They've done it before, I remember 200(8?) when it was simply 'Meet The Grinch'

So, instead of the parade passing you, you'll pass the parade, with an opportunity for photo with Santa at the end. Sound like a great compromise.

So, instead of the parade passing you, you'll pass the parade, with an opportunity for photo with Santa at the end. Sound like a great compromise.

It reminds me of blowing the balloons up the night before Thanksgiving around the Museum of Natural History--did this with my ex a few years ago, had a blast.

Reactions: GAcoaster
"Yes, and you say that you can't perform the Grinchmas Wholiday Spectacular show, despite the fact that you opened Bourne."
View attachment 13457
All jokes aside, I'm glad they're still trying to make the best of the season.

Also, it seems like the Holiday Tree Hunt brochures are no longer complementary. I'm honestly not surprised though; after the success of the Tree Hunt last year and the Scarecrow Stalk this year, the addition of a participation cost makes sense.
Grinchmas is one of the more expensive shows Universal produces, especially when compared to the length of its run. Combined with the distancing requirements for the audience and lowered capacity, I can understand why they would cut it this year.

It's also one of the most tightly packed theaters they set up. I weigh 200 lbs with a medium figure and even I have trouble fitting in those seats.

• Love
Reactions: JoeCamel
It's also one of the most tightly packed theaters they set up. I weigh 200 lbs with a medium figure and even I have trouble fitting in those seats.
I heard they replaced the seats but I know what you mean. Folding chairs locked in rows? Been a few since I saw the show.

Unlike the scarecrow thing, it looks like the scavenger hunt you have to pay for. (Prize is an ornament)

No Grinchmas at USF this year...BUT....NBC announced a 'new' two hour musical Grinch that Stole Christmas on December 9th. Stars Matthew Morrison (Glee). That should help fill the gap....for this year. Hopefully the excellent
Grinchmas will be back in 2021....Curious of what the music will be like for this new issue.

Last edited:
No Grinchmas at USF this year...BUT....NBC announced a 'new' two hour musical Grinch that Stole Christmas on December 9th. Stars Matthew Morrison (Glee). That should help fill the gap....for this year. Hopefully the excellent
Grinchmas will be back in 2021....Curious of what the music will be like for this new issue.
The broadcast is the Broadway version.

Reactions: UNIrd and Mad Dog