2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I did not know you could book FP with a party ticket before 7pm. I will have to try that.

Loved the Hocus Pocus show on the castle stage last year.

Takes some juggling to get all three in, you have to start with 2 then shift times to half hours with the first starting at 3:30 and then they all fit and you can get 3.

Takes some juggling to get all three in, you have to start with 2 then shift times to half hours with the first starting at 3:30 and then they all fit and you can get 3.
Very good to know. I thought they wouldn't allow party guests in until 4 p.m. If that is true, how does the strategy work for getting a fast pass at 3:30?

Is the extra 20 minutes not just a 'grace period' on the hour slot that they have for late-runners, I believe thats maybe how it's always been?

I don't know, I went to a party last year meeting some out of towners and that will be my last. It was an hour then and if they made it an hour 20 then you may only be able to get two.

We'll be attending the first party on 9/2. Cannot wait! @JoeCamel, we missed the Cadaver Dans last year - when we asked the CMs where they were performing, they did not know what we were talking about. :/ Maybe we'll catch them this year?!

We'll be attending the first party on 9/2. Cannot wait! @JoeCamel, we missed the Cadaver Dans last year - when we asked the CMs where they were performing, they did not know what we were talking about. :/ Maybe we'll catch them this year?!

They are always there in Frontier land. Just look around the shooting gallery. They do take breaks but are out more than not. Great show by dedicated performers

I hit up the first MNSSHP on Friday and I'm actually a huge fan of the event and I've been a few times but I was slightly disappointed at the some of the cutbacks this year from years past (I skipped last year).

There used to be entertainment in Diamond Horseshoe with villains dancing around with guests that I didn't see was moved anywhere. There used to be more entertainment in Frontierland.. close to Pecos Bill with lights and a DJ.. that wasn't there this year.

I seem to have missed the ghost in Haunted Mansion that sits outside and talks to guests. I don't know how I missed her as I never have before if she was there but.. her chair wasn't there.. neither was any of the enhanced lighting or fog. In fact, the whole outside of HM was super lackluster this year.

Also, this was my first time catching the Boo To You parade in front of the castle so that I could get a spot for Hocus Pocus immediately after. But the lighting was unusually bright? They had all the lights around going and it really killed the atmosphere. If I go again, I'll continue to watch it from Frontierland as I have in the past.

Otherwise, there were lots of examples where the lighting, music, projections, etc. in certain sections of the park just weren't up to snuff.

As for the positives, the candy was legit this year.. lmao.. and, as a huge Hocus Pocus fan, the Hocus Pocus show was almost worth the price of admission for me. It was also fun to get on most rides with minimal waits.

But for others who are more casual visitors and have already hit the attractions plenty, I could see this event starting to border on "don't waste your money" territory.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I hit up the first MNSSHP on Friday and I'm actually a huge fan of the event and I've been a few times but I was slightly disappointed at the some of the cutbacks this year from years past (I skipped last year).

There used to be entertainment in Diamond Horseshoe with villains dancing around with guests that I didn't see was moved anywhere. There used to be more entertainment in Frontierland.. close to Pecos Bill with lights and a DJ.. that wasn't there this year.

I seem to have missed the ghost in Haunted Mansion that sits outside and talks to guests. I don't know how I missed her as I never have before if she was there but.. her chair wasn't there.. neither was any of the enhanced lighting or fog. In fact, the whole outside of HM was super lackluster this year.

Also, this was my first time catching the Boo To You parade in front of the castle so that I could get a spot for Hocus Pocus immediately after. But the lighting was unusually bright? They had all the lights around going and it really killed the atmosphere. If I go again, I'll continue to watch it from Frontierland as I have in the past.

Otherwise, there were lots of examples where the lighting, music, projections, etc. in certain sections of the park just weren't up to snuff.

As for the positives, the candy was legit this year.. lmao.. and, as a huge Hocus Pocus fan, the Hocus Pocus show was almost worth the price of admission for me. It was also fun to get on most rides with minimal waits.

But for others who are more casual visitors and have already hit the attractions plenty, I could see this event starting to border on "don't waste your money" territory.

That sucks. Maybe in the later weeks things start improving?

Thanks for the review, sounds like they came in hot on this one like HHN25, hopefully some of those things like the HM outside enhancements come back very soon.

Define legit candy. How big a bag should I bring?