2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The park could use both a hyper coaster and a dark ride. If it were up to me, I'd place a dark family ride in the plot of land behind Gwazi, build a hyper over the African Serengetti, and bring a new update simulator ride in place of the old Akbars Adventure Tours.

There isn't really any space behind Gwazi. There's barely any room for the Gwazi plot to take, but nothing behind it that isn't already being used.

I'm also one of the few who like Gwazi, so I'm honestly hoping the rumor of Gwazi's removal is false. Don't get me wrong, a 2014 coaster would be great especially if we get that long-rumored hyper with the airtime Florida has needed for years! I'm just not sure about getting one at the expense of another coaster...

That being said, some of the recent events about Gwazi (running Lion side only, using Tiger as a Quick Queue with a BRIDGE over the track, and dismantling the trains) do show a dark future for this ride. But I personally say refurbish it one more time (maybe with Topper Track or Iron Horse) and if that also doesn't improve the ride, then they can tear it out. In the meantime, pull the plug on Rhino Rally and build a new themed area including a hyper, a dark ride, some animal exhibits, and a new train station. RR takes up much more land than Gwazi and more goodies can be done in that area.

Just my $0.02! :smiley:

All this speak of putting ANOTHER coaster over the Serenghetti is a little far fetched and would destroy the plains. Cheetah Hunt blends nicely but putting yet another mammoth roller coaster in the premier part of the park?

Overkill.

All this speak of putting ANOTHER coaster over the Serenghetti is a little far fetched and would destroy the plains. Cheetah Hunt blends nicely but putting yet another mammoth roller coaster in the premier part of the park?

Overkill.

You're thinking too one dimensional. I envision a hyper coaster with a station back near Jungala and running down over Congo River Raoids and intersecting with Kumba...all the way to the end of the parks perimeter. That way the majority of the Serengetti is left untouched.

I'm voting for a B&M launched coaster.

But if memory serves me right, B&M has a several year waiting list. So for BGT to get a B&M for 2014, it would have had to either have been in the works for a while, or something B&M really wants to build.

But if memory serves me right, B&M has a several year waiting list. So for BGT to get a B&M for 2014, it would have had to either have been in the works for a while, or something B&M really wants to build.

The coaster BGT just built has three of them, so I don't think they will add another coaster with a launch any time soon.

BGT did just get a launch recently, so I don't think they need one anytime soon. This isn't Kings Dominion after all! :pound: I would like a B&M Launch someday, but at this point SWO makes more sense than BGT.

This doesn't necessarily involve the current rumors about Gwazi, but my choice for a new B&M coaster would be either a hyper like Shambhala (or if they could, a giga like Leviathan), or a Wing Coaster like Gatekeeper. A nice keyhole structure like Cedar Point's (I'm talking about one like this but completely covered in rockwork and nice theming) only above the Serengeti Express would really be eye-appealing. :drool5:

Last edited:
BGT did just get a launch recently, so I don't think they need one anytime soon. This isn't Kings Dominion after all! :pound: I would like a B&M Launch someday, but at this point SWO makes more sense than BGT.

This doesn't necessarily involve the current rumors about Gwazi, but my choice for a new B&M coaster would be either a hyper like Shambhala (or if they could, a giga like Leviathan), or a Wing Coaster like Gatekeeper. A nice keyhole structure like Cedar Point's (I'm talking about one like this but completely covered in rockwork and nice theming) only above the Serengeti Express would really be eye-appealing. :drool5:

I don't think we will see another B&M launch coaster, unless they design there own launch system. I just don't see it.

I don't think we will see another B&M launch coaster, unless they design there own launch system. I just don't see it.

I truly think B&M will one day build a launch system but not a chance IMO of it coming to either BG parks.

I truly think B&M will one day build a launch system but not a chance IMO of it coming to either BG parks.

SeaWorld maybe, but the Gardens each have a launch ride so there would be no need for another.

Did Busch not go with B&M because of the Hulk and any Uni exclusive or was it just the launch and B&M not wanting to do it? And would it keep SW from adding one?

SeaWorld maybe, but the Gardens each have a launch ride so there would be no need for another.

Did Busch not go with B&M because of the Hulk and any Uni exclusive or was it just the launch and B&M not wanting to do it? And would it keep SW from adding one?

I originally thought they went with Intamin because of a package deal situation but according to Mark Rose it was based strictly on Intamin being able to best accommodate the parks requests for design.

I think a B &M flyer like Manta is possible at either Busch parks by 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Or an indoor outdoor coaster like Verbolten

I don't see flyer occurring in Tampa because of Manta, something along the lines of verboten is possible, I'd love to see an all indoor attraction for BGT. Unfortunately Indoor rules out B&M.

B&M will not be making any launch coasters. They are a very 'our way or the highway' design firm and from what I understand they are adamant about not wanting to do launched roller coasters because of the potential maintenance issues involved with launch systems. In fact, The Hulk was built completely with all but the lift hill for quite a bit while Universal came up with a way to work around this issue (this is why the Hulk uses a system of drive tires--they are manufactured by another company and attached to the uphill track which has no launching mechanisms built into it whatsoever).

When the Hulk was built they knew long before signing the contract B&M would have no involvement with the launch. They tested several options at varying speeds and gforces but decided the incredibly low tech pinch wheel design could do the job. Once decided B&M built track sections that would house the design and boom we gotta launch.

B&M will not be making any launch coasters. They are a very 'our way or the highway' design firm and from what I understand they are adamant about not wanting to do launched roller coasters because of the potential maintenance issues involved with launch systems. In fact, The Hulk was built completely with all but the lift hill for quite a bit while Universal came up with a way to work around this issue (this is why the Hulk uses a system of drive tires--they are manufactured by another company and attached to the uphill track which has no launching mechanisms built into it whatsoever).
Actually I have heard that B&M HAS come up with a launch system that they are satisfied with and are interested in building 1 coaster to see how well it works. That is why I said that given B&Ms famous 5 year waiting list, that it seems odd that BGT would be getting one on such a tight schedule unless it is something that B&M really wanted to do. like building one of these launch coasters.

Actually I have heard that B&M HAS come up with a launch system that they are satisfied with and are interested in building 1 coaster to see how well it works. That is why I said that given B&Ms famous 5 year waiting list, that it seems odd that BGT would be getting one on such a tight schedule unless it is something that B&M really wanted to do. like building one of these launch coasters.

Well my mistake then! Sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.