2015 Project? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

2015 Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you see coming in 2015?

• Total voters
I'm curious what you would put in a IOA nighttime show, I'd probably be a rights keeping nightmare but I'd love to have a segment for each island on a stage in the middle of the lagoon. Spider-Man fight, Dudley do right segment, dinosaur puppets, kong water screen, cat in the hat musical number, posiedon water screen and quittich to cap it all off. Will probably never work out the way I envision it but it's NEEDED for IOA because nobody really stays after 5 there and it's a real shame, really looks nice all lit up. Hopefully we do get something like this next year I'd really appriciate it.

But back to UO I really hope 2015 is the year for just new experiences other than attractions. I'd love for them to get their social networking and blog running at full speed and I'd really love for them to bring back the celebration of potter in a grander scale. They have so many properties they could easily have a limited time magic event every single week and utterly destroy Disney at it, hopefully universal looks into making the resort way more well rounded this year

Last edited:
I'm curious what you would put in a IOA nighttime show, I'd probably be a rights keeping nightmare but I'd love to have a segment for each island on a stage in the middle of the lagoon. Spider-Man fight, Dudley do right segment, dinosaur puppets, kong water screen, cat in the hat musical number, posiedon water screen and quittich to cap it all off. Will probably never work out the way I envision it but it's NEEDED for IOA because nobody really stays after 5 there and it's a real shame, really looks nice all lit up. Hopefully we do get something like this next year I'd really appriciate it.

But back to UO I really hope 2015 is the year for just new experiences other than attractions. I'd love for them to get their social networking and blog running at full speed and I'd really love for them to bring back the celebration of potter in a grander scale. They have so many properties they could easily have a limited time magic event every single week and utterly destroy Disney at it, hopefully universal looks into making the resort way more well rounded this year

If I was designing a nighttime show for IOA I would call it "Voyages of Adventure". Featuring large scale boats, huge mist screens, and based on Odysseus, Ahab, and Nemo.

If I was designing a nighttime show for IOA I would call it "Voyages of Adventure". Featuring large scale boats, huge mist screens, and based on Odysseus, Ahab, and Nemo.

Hmm interesting choices I like it. What makes you pick Verne novels?

Also you know what they REALLY need to improve in 2015? Streetmosphere, am I the only one that thinks the streets are pretty bare outside of diagon, hollywood, marvel and New York? Jurassic could easily have more puppet Dino's and POE's possibilities are endless, such a enormously immersive land with a billion possibilities for villagers and guides but no, we get stilt walkers. I'd love to walk around and talk to the explorers there about POE and I'd especially love it if the prisoner who escaped walked around like green goblin. Tons of potential lost

Last edited:
Hmm interesting choices I like it. What makes you pick Verne novels?

Also you know what they REALLY need to improve in 2015? Streetmosphere, am I the only one that thinks the streets are pretty bare outside of diagon, hollywood, marvel and New York? Jurassic could easily have more puppet Dino's and POE's possibilities are endless, such a enormously immersive land with a billion possibilities for villagers and guides but no, we get stilt walkers. I'd love to walk around and talk to the explorers there about POE and I'd especially love it if the prisoner who escaped walked around like green goblin. Tons of potential lost
Great ideas for Port of Entry streetsmosphere.

2015 project still on track, with a boost in budget from a meeting a few projects benefited from. Still have no idea what/how they'll do it.

Interesting, by the wording of "how they'll do it" makes me think a certain retheme is in order (twister/disaster?)

Sounds more like the timing. I'm not expecting major construction anymore considering the time frame but who knows..

Well when people say we won't be able to recognize the resort anymore by the end of the decade maybe they're all hinting at a major facelift and nows the time to do it. Work wall city here we come!!!

Disaster is probably going to stay a couple more years, if what Teebin said is correct and they will bulldoze about that whole area and assuming that this will only be after the kidzone space project, then it makes little sense to update disaster. I still think 2015 will see a Jurassic Park Expansion, so hopefully the wooden coaster.

Disaster is probably going to stay a couple more years, if what Teebin said is correct and they will bulldoze about that whole area and assuming that this will only be after the kidzone space project, then it makes little sense to update disaster. I still think 2015 will see a Jurassic Park Expansion, so hopefully the wooden coaster.

I agree that they need to stagger the large projects from here out. Disaster is sufficient at the time being, but with each day it is more obvious that KidZone needs a major refresher. But it does seem that the JP project has been put off, we have not seen or heard of anything in that area for some time now.

Is Disaster still having major problems? I've heard and seen it down quite a bit lately. I don't know how major the problems are, but if they aren't doing anything above normal to keep it running I could see it leaving us sooner rather than later.

Is Disaster still having major problems? I've heard and seen it down quite a bit lately. I don't know how major the problems are, but if they aren't doing anything above normal to keep it running I could see it leaving us sooner rather than later.

Was on it a few weeks ago and no tanker truck came down

Hey everyone!

Have been out of the country the last few weeks, glad to be back on :) it seems like we still have no idea what the 2015 plans are, although testrack321 says that there are plans and an increased budget. so I guess thats a good thing. In regards to construction, is there a concentrated area of construction going on at the park right now or is it still spread out? I felt that after HP opened we would see all the workers, tools, vehicles move to a specified site so that construction can begin fast. And as the rumors are that Kong is for 2016, I am assuming that there has to be major construction in other areas? Any info as to where we are/what we know would be truly appreciated :)

Was at the parks yesterday...I see Kong's foundational work is moving right along. Still, I don't see that thing opening next year. So if Kong is 2016, what do you guys think will be coming next year? (Aside from Uni museum)

I'd honestly be happy with them continuing to open these 'special items' stores like The Film Vault...I love me some special Uni merch

And some anniversary merch would be much appreciated..