Why are some PASSHOLDERS shut out of Passholder night? | Inside Universal Forums

Why are some PASSHOLDERS shut out of Passholder night?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 22, 2023
I just joined this forum, and while we obviously enjoy Universal (wouldn’t be a Passholder otherwise), there is a blaring problem in the way Passholder “perks” are handled. The sign up for the Mardi Gras float system is one, and the fact that you have to BUY a restaurant reservation to be assured of a spot was not the best message to send to those loyal to Universal year end and year out. The latest issue, however, is beyond my understanding. We have to RSVP to reserve a spot for Passholder night, apparently, because they only allow so many to participate. If you are a Passholder, you should be able to attend, period! I received the email to sign up at 9:24 yesterday morning, and by 10:11 was told it was at capacity. This is totally unacceptable.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Universal does a poor job of communication. If you didn't have Twitter (which they didn't mention prior to the release), you wouldn't have known about the signup. Now, you are still able to attend that night but the reservations are for guaranteed access.

Universal does a poor job of communication. If you didn't have Twitter (which they didn't mention prior to the release), you wouldn't have known about the signup. Now, you are still able to attend that night but the reservations are for guaranteed access.

Unfortunately, it's a double-edged sword. You tip everyone off on the day RSVPs are coming - it overloads the registration and capacity probably fills up within minutes. You drop the registration unnannounced - it takes the load off and avoids people refreshing constantly for a specific time, but not everyone is made aware of it.

BTW, Welcome Melanie. Sorry you missed out on rezzies, but hopefully you are still able to attend!