Wet n Wild: Aqua Racers | Inside Universal Forums

Wet n Wild: Aqua Racers

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly think they're going to do away with Wet n' Wild and make their own Water park. They are probably just adding to keep guest coming while building fairly inexpensive possibly re-usable attractions... by re-usable i mean when they do go to close down and make their own version they can use the same slide just re-themed possibly?

Because it pulls good attendance and its demolition is nothing more than a rumor made up on the Internet as of now.

Pretty much this. This is quite confusing tho. What we need to see if where this slide will be placed, if it will replace anything, and if it does replace something does it mean that we will start seeing more and more rides replaced and then a massive retiming using the same newly added rides.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read the artcile, it will replace Bubba Tub. So yes I do believe they will add this and IMO atleast 1-2 more before tearing the rest down.

Believe in UNI!

- - - Updated - - -

bubba tub is the long ramp right next to where the lazy river begins

This doesn't surprise me. Bubba Tub was rumored for removal a few years back...and now here we are.
Same people who mentioned this to me also talked of a future new Universal park. I'd say this is just to keep people coming back until the new place is built. This racer slide should be easily portable...just like Disco H2O and Brain Wash.

I'd imagine that overall slides are not that difficult to move.
Even if Universal was to get rid of wet n wild, they would not do it until they build a new waterpark.
It is interesting to note though, that they already have something similar to aquaracers (Mach 5).

I'd imagine that overall slides are not that difficult to move.
Even if Universal was to get rid of wet n wild, they would not do it until they build a new waterpark.
It is interesting to note though, that they already have something similar to aquaracers (Mach 5).

so Its also important to note that Mach 5 will no longer be in the park once the decide to rebuild the new one.

like I said before, until they do build the new park, expect small to moderate changes that will either be moved, themed or stay with the new park

- - - Updated - - -

here is a map of the park. Mach 5 is old and that plot of land is good for something huge. - It was most likely bound to be removed in the final plans for wonder sea

http://www.wetnwildorlando.com/map.php

I drove by Wet N Wild yesterday and was surprised to see Bubba Tub still standing...I wonder exactly when they will open this new attraction, seeing as how we are already in mid March, I'm wondering if the new slides will open by Memorial Day.

Wow, I had forgotten how soon they would be building this. I was at Wet 'n Wild this past weekend, and Bubba Tub looked normal as usual. It's surprising to me that it's already on the map! I'm glad I got to ride it recently, possibly one last time.

I went yesterday and Bubba Tub was still running, could be they will wait until spring break is over. There is also a new coffee place coming inside wet 'n wild, it will be by the burger place.

Drove by today...Bubba Tub and its tube conveyor are gone. The tower and stairs still stand, so I'm guessing well see the new slide installed very soon...

Well we were scheduled to check out the Grand Opening tomorrow, but we were informed that it has been postponed to "make everything perfect".