"We're Going Back - Future Day - October 21st, 2015" | Inside Universal Forums

"We're Going Back - Future Day - October 21st, 2015"

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Allen The Actor

Allen The Actor
Jan 10, 2013
Hill Valley, California
Decided to make a topic for last Wednesday's historical Back To The Future "Future Day"...which is now the past. This is heavy...

There's a lot to discuss! I'm sure IU will be posting some articles and pictures from the event as well.

Outside of maybe the Puente Hills Mall or Whittier High School, there was NO better place or way to spend October 21st, 2015 than at Universal Studios Hollywood with hundreds of other major fans on the Universal Backlot on Courthouse Square.

I had the pleasure of attending, along with IU's Chris Lord, and it was such a fun day that I'll cherish into the future.

I had a few gripes with the organization of the event and some broken or exaggerated promises. I was also extremely disappointed in how apathetic Universal was about celebrating (or lack of) and acknowledging this amazing day. They barely care about their classics or fan base, and need to learn a thing or two from Disney about holding major events and milking popular classic properties for every penny and pleasing the fans, especially on important days.

But overall it was absolutely fantastic and worth every hard earned penny. Front of the Line to all the attractions and food, lots of DeLoreans, getting a picture with Jeffrey Weissman who played George McFly in the sequels, getting to explore and take pictures around Courthouse Square in costume as Marty (which made me super emotional), hanging out with Chris and so many BTTF Fans, getting an exclusive copy of the USA TODAY Gang Jailed newspaper, and watching a screening of Part 2 perfectly timed to the real ongoing clock was extraordinary.

I'll be posting a bunch of pictures soon, but for now, watch this great video of highlights from the event that the official BTTF.COM filmed.

I have a silly bit as Marty discovering BTTF THE Ride is now The Simpsons at 2:11, and then I close out the video at 2:27.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1ujiQf_54Ns?feature=oembed

Feeling lucky that I was able to order a bottle of Pepsi Perfect this morning! Again a ridiculous mess and unnecessarily complicated for something that shouldn't even be this much of a limited edition...I feel so bad for most of the genuine fans who couldn't.

Going to display mine when I get it in a few months :)

Reactions: Alexshow.