Weather in Orlando? | Inside Universal Forums

Weather in Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 27, 2013
So this weekend, Oct 18-22 will be my first trip out to Orlando. Doing a 3 day pass to both parks, as well as HHN on Sunday night. Looked at the 10 day forecast and it looks like rain all weekend. 30% change on Fri, Sat, and Sun; and 60% Mon and Tues. So my question is for yall that live out there, does this sound fairly accurate? Im from Texas where the weather literally changes every 5 minutues so I am trying to figure out what to pack and what to expect.

Also if it does end up raining, how will this effect rides and HHN?

Thanks ahead of time.

30% is actaully a fairly low chance of rain. Usually the rain storms we do get are quick, and really won't effect your whole day.

In regards to HHN...will you be getting an express pass (you should). If not, the majority of the house lines are outside, so if it rains you WILL get wet. I recommend bringing a rain jacket just in case. The only outdoor ride to get effected by rain is the Hollywood Rollercoaster...everything else is indoors.

Living here I can tell you it won't rain. It'll be hot and humid.
Rain at 30% is low. Dress warm in the day and for mild/cool weather at night.
it usually rain every day in October until the middle of the month. But the weather has been unusual so Far.

on less some tropical moisture comes into the picture I do not think it will rain but things can change so come prepared anyway

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it.

I also now am checking the local Orlando news websites for the weather as opposed to the national sites...was told its more accurate.

to be honest the "extended" forecasts are typically BS. It may help with predicting what the average temp,. will be, but it's rarely accurate when it comes to percipitation.

Like others said..30% or below is fairly low chance of rain, and if it does rain there is a good chance it won't be for too long. Just make sure you bring that poncho just in case.

If you buy the Express pass, you won't have to wait very long in line, and shouldn't have too much trouble ducking under cover when needed.

Those regualr lines get Looooonnng though.

I'll be headed to both Universal Studios and IOA this weekend also! How crowded do you guys think the parks will be? It's going to be a solo trip.

I will be there also getting in wed night for HHN (FFP+) going to HHN wed,thur,fri. and the parks thurs,fri,and sat.

If you want it to not rain bring ponchos .It never rains when I bring poncho's.:thumbs:

Crowd calender says moderate get there early since HHN goers will not be there early (myself included)

If you want it to not rain bring ponchos .It never rains when I bring poncho's.:thumbs:

:cheers: Having a poncho is a good option if you're uncertain about the rain. It's easy, you can get them at a fairly inexpensive price (especially outside of the parks), and they don't take up much space to carry in person or to travel. You might even be able to fold them up enough to fit in a pocket.

Yeah, I won't be getting there early. Probably around noon. I'll head to Universal Studios first, then hop over to IOA around 4-ish, since it closes at 8.