Universal - Week of Dec 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal - Week of Dec 18

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 17, 2015
Looking to plan a Universal stay from Dec 17-Dec 23. Of those days, we plan on visiting Universal on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. This will be our first time staying on property (Cab Bay)

From past experience of the more seasoned vets, are the lines so horrendously awful that we would have to get unlimited passes (or change hotels) in order to see/do everything in those three days?

Thanks

Reactions: Hockeyman55
Looking to plan a Universal stay from Dec 17-Dec 23. Of those days, we plan on visiting Universal on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. This will be our first time staying on property (Cab Bay)

From past experience of the more seasoned vets, are the lines so horrendously awful that we would have to get unlimited passes (or change hotels) in order to see/do everything in those three days?

Thanks

The Friday before Xmas, you are a brave sole. I would anticipate the worst, even parks closing for capacity

I don't think 12/18 is that bad yet, actually. You'll notice the parks get busier as it gets closer to Christmas and more schools close but the pandemonium really doesn't start until 12/26.

It ramps up then, but it doesn't get capacity close insane until the week after Christmas (starting Dec. 26th) and even then it's only if you wait too long to get into the park (get there before opening). But on the 18th, it's nowhere near that yet, but it is busy.

There hasn't been much detail yet, but there are a bunch of rumors about new Christmas offerings this year. I'm not sure what they are going to be.