Universal Hollywood - Debates... | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Hollywood - Debates...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you think Universal is More Behind the Scenes or more like a Disney park?

• Yes, its Behind the Scenes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 2, 2013
Arizona.
So For the past 2 years, Me and this member in the family has been saying no everytime to go to Universal Hollywood due to she thinks that its still revolving heavily on The Making of films... and her last time was about 10 to 12 years ago, Heres where i'm asking you all; Do you still think Universal is about the Making of the Film or are they changing it to be more with the Locals? To me, Its becoming more like a Disneyland where It has the fans but the people that are excited about the future and whats coming is becoming more Disney (which I like). Thanks and hopefully it is a good question

I...don't exactly understand your question but if I'm correct to understand you, I don't think Universal has lost its "behind the scenes movie magic" aspect. It feels exactly the same as it was 10-12 years ago. But "Disney quality themeing" has been ADDED on top of it. So you can tell your family member that it still has a behind the scenes feel to it because of SES and the Studio Tour, but beyond that it has more of a theme park feel now.

However, the raw behind the scenes aspect the park USED to have is gone. It used to be a much bigger part of the park.

Do you still think Universal is about the Making of the Film or are they changing it to be more with the Locals? To me, Its becoming more like a Disneyland where It has the fans but the people that are excited about the future and whats coming is becoming more Disney (which I like). Thanks and hopefully it is a good question
There are some behind-the-scene movie aspects still at the park, but with the introduction of Back to the Future and Jurassic Park, I think the park has moved completely away from that model. Granted, it's always going to be a movie studio at its core, but Universal is definitely transitioning into a full fledged theme park - more so than it has been in the past.

Reactions: William
Honestly they kind of have to do this. Behind-the-scenes magic has been destroyed by special features and the media. Paramount and WB keep their studio tour alive by promising visitors to view places in which actual films were shot/filmed. The studio tour still gives this feature away, but granted it's helped by the many animations currently on the tour.

Reactions: William