Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From WDWMagic, theming has been beginning to be unveiled!
IMG_7325.jpg

The mountain itself looks nice so far, but the tower looks way out of scale and is skewing the forced perspective.

I'll never get over this is how the mountain could look...its iconic and beautiful compared to.....what we are getting

View attachment 20195
Of all of the concept art absurdities, this one was by far the least plausible compared to what could even be built. That would have added 30-40 feet to the height of the structure while connecting at a single point that wasn’t designed to bear that much weight.

Honorable mention obviously going to the Starcruiser lobby and the fountains that were supposed to hide the Harmonious barges.

Reactions: grlhowl and GA-MBIT
Of all of the concept art absurdities, this one was by far the least plausible compared to what could even be built. That would have added 30-40 feet to the height of the structure while connecting at a single point that wasn’t designed to bear that much weight.

Honorable mention obviously going to the Starcruiser lobby and the fountains that were supposed to hide the Harmonious barges.
Disney released it....so its on them not us for excepting something great

But for sure the new version is just fine, I wish something could be on the top of the mountain as the Icon vs......the water tower on the side

Supposedly, Iger did a walkthrough and thought the redo was boring. I don't know if this is true or if it is one of those things where a so-called insider just spouted off some nonsense.

Supposedly, Iger did a walkthrough and thought the redo was boring. I don't know if this is true or if it is one of those things where a so-called insider just spouted off some nonsense.
I mean....no villain

There is zero conflict, while I'm sure the tech and songs will be good.....A villain would have helped with the ride for sure.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and tielo
Rides with no villain. . .
Space mountain
Haunted mansion
Pirates of the caribbean
big thunder railroad mountain
tower of terror
flight of passage
plus many more

I don't think a villain is needed to have conflict. Lots can go wrong without it being malicious or on purpose by a villian. We have no idea what will lead us to the drops or cause us to have to take on the drops, all know is Dr. Facilier is not in it.

Space mountain
Haunted mansion
Pirates of the caribbean
tower of terror
flight of passage
plus many more

I don't think a villain is needed to have conflict. Lots can go wrong without it being malicious or on purpose by a villian. We have no idea what will lead us to the drops or cause us to have to take on the drops, all know is Dr. Facilier is not in it.
Splash Mountain had two antagonists, this apparently has none. I think that is a massive mistake.

Space mountain
Haunted mansion
Pirates of the caribbean
tower of terror
flight of passage
plus many more

Yes but this is a Fantasyland Dark ride that happens to be a log ride

Even Snow White still has the Evil Queen

Many of the attraction's you are talking about are about the atmosphere and or Thrill rides. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy to me is also more exciting because it has an Antagonist and people seem to like the star Wars version and that has villains.

Also I know we have not seen it yet....but man will I be surprised if whatever the heck is right before/the lift hill is more interesting then playing Friend's on the Other side. Love to be wrong but can't imagine anything more thematically fitting for the attraction

Reactions: belloq87
Many of the attraction's you are talking about are about the atmosphere and or Thrill rides.
Splash Mountain is absolutely a thrill ride, though. It's not a gentle boat ride like the Avatar Jungle Cruise Experience. I'm not convinced this new treatment will be as compelling as the old one, but I'm willing to wait and see what they come up with. I also think it's okay for a ride to be fun and based on vibes rather than a story with a conflict that needs resolution.

Splash Mountain had two antagonists, this apparently has none. I think that is a massive mistake.
Splash mountain is gone. Whatever splash had, it had. Are we really approaching this with a splash had 34 animatronics so this needs to have 34, splash had 7 songs so this needs to have 7 songs mentality? Why are we comparing this to it? Were people this critical when the frozen dark ride removed the troll antagonist? Can this ride be something of it's own identity? Does it have to follow some unwritten formula to live up to its predecessor?

I don’t think it’s too much to ask to have a main villain for the ride and the same number of AAs Splash Mountain had. It sounds like this retheme will likely have neither, and I think that is really bad.

I understand why they did it, but if you close a beloved ride, you better live up to it.

Reactions: belloq87